Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #1

Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

Anyone rocking the Coverking Tactical seat covers? From my brief research, Coverking is a good fitting brand (at least with the newer SMB's) and the price is def right for a well respected product @ $229/pair. I'm mostly interested in feedback on the Tactical fabric - how comfortable it is, etc.

I've emailed them asking about a second armrest cover since my seats have two per seat. Hoping this won't be a problem.

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A7039A0A0.aspx

Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Site Team

Re: Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

Also available via Amazon, but no reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Coverking-Tactica ... l+ford+van

Herb

[EDIT: Looks like you can order swatches]
http://www.coverking.com/t-Order_Swatches.aspx
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #3

Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

Love it. Tacticool geek here
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #4

Methinks very cool

HOWEVA' i really like my sheepskin covers,,,,,,
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #5

Been in touch with Coverking who is now saying that my seats are "conversion" seats and their patterns do not fit. Anybody know if this is the case?

I assumed that SMB recovered these seats, but at the very least used the factory base and foam, no?

If this is the case, then no one will be able to provide me with a cover which makes me sad.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Site Team

I was always under the assumption that SMB recoverd the Ford factory seats. At a minimum, I do know that the driver power seat base that I had on my SMB was Ford, so I never even considered that the seat itself was not Ford.

CoverKing is probably thinking about many of the Class B and Class C conversion companies that put in the big plush seats.

Herb
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #7

As was I. Keep in mind my van is a 93. I sent them several photos. Gonna take another stab at it and may just take the plunge.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #8

I spoke with Nancy at Sportsmobile North. She's been working on these rigs since 1981 and assured me that my seats were factory Ford seats. They request the "RV package" from Ford when they take delivery which means the seats come without covers. Sportsmobile obviously then adds their own covers to match the rest of the custom interior.

I'm still working with Ray over at Coverking to get these covers made, but here's where they stand at the moment. I'm hoping that Nancy will be able to set them straight.

- These are highly-modified seats and it would be a one-off modification with many changes needed.
- Your customer would only be able to order stretchable material, although it may not be able to stretch all the way down the much thicker bottom cushions.
- Your customer would need to remove and send in their actual armrests to be custom-covered, again a one-off modification for only one customer. They appear to be larger than Ford originals.
- Your customer would also need to make their own holes for the armrest stems, as they are in custom-locations from what Ford built.

I'll keep you guys posted
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
Site Team

Maybe there's a difference between the van and the wagon seats from Ford, and the RV package has one or the other?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Maybe there's a difference between the van and the wagon seats from Ford, and the RV package has one or the other?
I was just now doing my research - I think you are correct. The Club Wagon of that time period looks to have two armrests per seat and looks similar to my seats. So hopefully I can get this project off the ground.