Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #21
Site Team

Re: DeLorme InReach Explorer and SE

After your activate the inReach, you are given the opportunity to purchase additional services:

GEOS Emergency Response Coordination
GEOS Search & Rescue Benefit - Provides up to $100,000 in resources ($50,000 max per claim)
$17.95 per year

GEOS Worldwide Medical Evacuation – In the event of a hospital stay, be transported to the hospital of your choice anywhere in the world
$98.95 per year US and Canada; $120.95 per year International

Herb

Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
After your activate the inReach, you are given the opportunity to purchase additional services:

GEOS Search & Rescue Benefit - Provides up to $100,000 in resources ($50,000 max per claim)
$17.95 per year

GEOS Worldwide Medical Evacuation – In the event of a hospital stay, be transported to the hospital of your choice anywhere in the world

Herb
Do you know if that is per person or family coverage?

-John
Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandMandi
Quote:

$17.95 per year

Herb
Do you know if that is per person or family coverage?

-John
The horse's mouth, so to speak.

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/product-i ... rescue.php

Herb
Old 10-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #24

Thanks.

Emergency Response Coordination is per person, Worldwide medical evacuation doesn't say. I'll ask the rep those questions too when I contact him.

-John
Old 10-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #25
Site Team

For myself, based on my current trips, it's hardly worth it, but given the trip you plan on taking, it seems like a wise investment.

As for the medical evacuation, I think I did see where your primary insurance is responsible first, and then the additional insurance kicks in to cover expenses that the primary doesn't cover (which could be a lot).

Herb
Old 10-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #26

Quote:
For myself, based on my current trips, it's hardly worth it, but given the trip you plan on taking, it seems like a wise investment.

As for the medical evacuation, I think I did see where your primary insurance is responsible first, and then the additional insurance kicks in to cover expenses that the primary doesn't cover (which could be a lot).

Herb
Agreed!

-John
Old 10-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #27

Got a Delorme InReach SE at the Asheville garage sale this past weekend, < $15. Connected it yesterday and started playing with it, very cool device. An Explorer was on the list but the price was right on the SE and we'll be getting a Garmin for our navigational needs.

-John
Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #28
Site Team

DeLorme InReach rebate (5/31/15 to 7/15/15):

$50 rebate for an inReach SE
$75 rebate for an inReach Explorer

http://www.inreachdelorme.com/summer/index.php

Herb
Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #29
Site Team

Reviving this thread to say that inReach now has Weather Forecast available on your smart device.

"Get weather forecasts sent directly to your inReach or Earthmate App inReach forecasts deliver weather details directly to your inReach, giving you the information you need to make educated decisions and stay safe on your adventure. Request weather forecasts for your current location, for a specific waypoint, or by manually entering coordinates."

"Basic:
The Basic forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for three days in six-hour intervals. Each forecast counts as one text message against your data plan. Source: Forecast.io

Premium (Non-marine):
The Premium forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for seven days. The first twelve-hours are forecast in one-hour intervals, followed by intervals of increasing length for the remaining days. Each forecast costs $1 per request. Source: Forecast.io

Premium (Marine):
In addition to the details of the Premium forecast, the Marine feature also includes wave height, current, and visibility details. Each forecast costs $1 per request. Source: OCENS

Fee details

Basic: Each forecast counts as one text message against your data plan.
Premium: Each forecast costs $1 per request.
Marine: Each forecast costs $1 per request."

DeLorme inReach - Two-way satellite text messaging, tracking and SOS anywhere in the world

Herb
Old 06-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #30

Just picked up and SE at REI last week. Looking forward to getting it up and running this coming week. Thanks for the info on the weather update.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote