Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #11

Just an update on availability of the Audew... I ordered from Amazon and already have shipping confirmation and a tracking number for delivery this week even though it is listed as "pre-order".

-Mike

FloridaNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #12

Have you used the one you ordered back in January yet? Any feedback about the product?
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #13

We have one of these (old model, no longer sold I believe):

https://www.anker.com/ca/products/va...00mah/A1531011

It's definitely outclassed with a 6.8L V10, but it was able to start the engine on the first try with the SLA battery showing 12.1V resting voltage recently.

Thanks for the tip on the Audew, I'm willing to gamble $68 to see how it works and I'll report back (although I'm sure the deal will be long over by the time I receive it!)
Old 11-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #14

Great to know. I ordered one after your heads up on the sale (thanks). I'm interested to see if it will start a dead 7.3. I'll report back once I've tried it.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #15
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
As cool as these are we need to REMEMBER they're Lithiun-Ion batteries and should be used with extreme caution especially while re-charging them. They're somewhat susceptible to spontaneously combust too so that's another consideration.

I LOVE the concept and glowing (no pun intended) reports of their usefulness but still more than a bit skeptical of their long term "health".

Good thing I'm almost over-stocked on Element fire extinguishers.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #16
Site Team

Just a heads-up, according to the product manual;
"Do NOT store in locations where the temperature may exceed 60℃" [140 degrees F].

Most of the lithium battery jump starters I've seen have similar warnings. I've personally seen jump starters where the battery packs have swollen due to the heat inside vehicles or vehicle trunks. That said, most of my vehicles have a jump start pack stored in them.

Herb
Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 AM   #17
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Just a heads-up, according to the product manual;
"Do NOT store in locations where the temperature may exceed 60℃" [140 degrees F].

Most of the lithium battery jump starters I've seen have similar warnings. I've personally seen jump starters where the battery packs have swollen due to the heat inside vehicles or vehicle trunks. That said, most of my vehicles have a jump start pack stored in them.

Herb

That is very important. My Anti-gravity jump starter did swell enough that it's starting to split the case. It started after siting in a black car during summer.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
That is very important. My Anti-gravity jump starter did swell enough that it's starting to split the case. It started after siting in a black car during summer.
Out of curiosity, did your anti-gravity have a case, or was it sitting out in the open? I admittedly haven't adhered to Li polymer safety precautions with my existing jumper, but I'm definitely thinking about it now!
Old 11-28-2020, 02:20 PM   #19
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Out of curiosity, did your anti-gravity have a case, or was it sitting out in the open? I admittedly haven't adhered to Li polymer safety precautions with my existing jumper, but I'm definitely thinking about it now!
It was in the supplied soft case with the charger, adapters and battery clips. It spent time both in the trunk and the cab before I noticed the plastic case splitting. If I do it again I might put it in a lipo fire bag and try to use insulation so hopefully it maintains a more reasonable safe storage temp. I'd rather keep it in the vehicle fully charged for obvious reasons.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #20

I have a NOCO and happy with it so far. It started my completely dead 5.4, battery had less than 4 volts.