Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Great idea, makes sense to have one outside the van in case interior access isn't possible.
Agree, that is a great idea. Not a typical installation location by any means, and that's why I questioned if that's what was really intended.

Quote:
... I place a spare key holder between the body and frame rail top just aft of the left rear tire...
So, where do you live, now that you've given away where your key is?

Herb

Old 09-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #92
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
So, where do you live, now that you've given away where your key is?

Herb
I did forget that right? Okay so it's 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Anytown USA!

C'mon over!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:34 AM   #93

Garage
Quote:
I place a spare key holder between the body and frame rail top just aft of the left rear tire.
Great idea - But now, If my Van ever breaks down I'm going to borrow yours.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #94
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Great idea - But now, If my Van ever breaks down I'm going to borrow yours.
The tire or the whole van?
Old 09-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #95

Garage
Tires are a dime-a-dozen, i'd go for it all - no doubt you have some great stuff on board i'd be very happy with!
Old 09-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
The coupon code: sportsmobile2018 that gives 15% off and free shipping on orders over $99 is still valid and will be until midnight on Sunday.

We had extended the offer an additional week to allow those people who were on vacation leading up to Labor Day to still get in on the discount.
THANKS A TON Element! I just ordered 4- BF wants one + for my kids for Christmas gifts. On second thought I'm going to order a few more for gifts
Old 09-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #97
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
THANKS A TON Element! I just ordered 4- BF wants one + for my kids for Christmas gifts. On second thought I'm going to order a few more for gifts
I have a few female friends who scare me to death with their near-complete lack of mechanical knowledge and general preparedness. Over the years I've equipped their cars with winter-time survival gear, showed them how to use most of it and only hope they'll remember it all if/when time comes to deploy it.

The Element extinguishers might require an extensive YouTube viewing party so they're at least aware how they work.

Good idea to get these for loved ones---a real give showing you care.

Quote:
Tires are a dime-a-dozen, i'd go for it all - no doubt you have some great stuff on board i'd be very happy with!
Well you'd have enough tools---literally a ton of 'em on board---so could start your own big truck windshield install biz! (Van weighed 5,300# empty when new-to-me, now tips the Cat scales at 7,700# or so. And yet there's still room for more! )
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #98

Garage
Quote:
Well you'd have enough tools---literally a ton of 'em on board---so could start your own big truck windshield install biz! (Van weighed 5,300# empty when new-to-me, now tips the Cat scales at 7,700# or so. And yet there's still room for more! )
OK, You're safe - Unlike many of you that have automotive skills & talent, I only need about 4 tools since I'm much more handy at Destruction than I am Construction (Screwdriver, Sledgehammer, Duct tape, and Cell phone). "Back in the day" I was a little more versed, even built a performance 327 for my 67 Camaro RS/SS convertible...back when you could actually see the spark plugs!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #99
JWA

Quote:
OK, You're safe - Unlike many of you that have automotive skills & talent, I only need about 4 tools since I'm much more handy at Destruction than I am Construction (Screwdriver, Sledgehammer, Duct tape, and Cell phone). "Back in the day" I was a little more versed, even built a performance 327 for my 67 Camaro RS/SS convertible...back when you could actually see the spark plugs!
Gosh don't you wish you still had that RS/SS Camaro---drop that 327 CID with 375 HP and you've got another muscle car making too much power to get to the ground.

And if you built an engine you've got skills and chutzpah enough to do what most of us write about here. I'm sure most of us are self-taught or learn by doing.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #100

Mine came in! Even have a cool little mount included!Click image for larger version

Name:	0913181955.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	22766
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote