Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
A good extinguisher that takes time to get to is of very little use in an emergency.
When placing extinguishers, put them so you can get to them on your way OUT the door, not behind a potential source of fire such as the stove or hidden in a cabinet. As for how many of what size are appropriate, it's rather like money in the bank, it's hard to have too much.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #112
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Ordered up 2, on the way.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #113

Exclamation Black Friday Special with Charitable Kick Back

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to post this. With the great response we received from the Sportsmobile forum we wanted to share early something we will be doing this year for the now traditional Black Friday sales.

Between today and the end of the month we have created a special coupon code to use on our website. This code will give you 15% off your purchase (with free shipping on orders over $99) and in addition we will donate $5 for every fire extinguisher sold to the California Fire Foundation.

The code is: HelpCA2018 and can be redeemed by entering it at checkout at www.elementfire.com

Lastly we encourage you to share this with friends and family and on social media. As an added incentive for every follow or Facebook or Instagram page receives or for any re-post of the attached image using the hashtag #officialelementfire we will make an additional cash donation.

The wild fires taking place in California are just terrible and we want to do our part to help.
Attached Thumbnails
savegive.jpg  
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:55 AM   #114
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
This is just beyond generous---its uber cool, IMHO anyway!

Rob you guys have been outstanding contributors here and speaking mostly my own opinion one of the most helpful and beneficial members vendor-wise. I say this is the right place to post this---most of us will revisit this thread, especially those who've already purchased an Element extinguisher.

I'm more that glad to spread the word but as I generally avoid all the traditional "social media" sites and activities my word-of-mouth to friends etc is the best I can do. I hope others will take up my slack in that arena!

Thanks again Rob----massive respect to you and Element in general for all you do.
JWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #115

Nice. Just bought one - currently 15% off with discount HelpCA2018
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #116

I was just sent this and thought I would share it with the group. Two interesting things to note:

1. It is amazing how a small incipient fire can grow quickly to being out of control. Check out the damage!

2. I imagined what a mess it would have been to tackle the original blaze with a powder extinguisher

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.figu...1596685518253/
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #117
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
I was just sent this and thought I would share it with the group. Two interesting things to note:

1. It is amazing how a small incipient fire can grow quickly to being out of control. Check out the damage!

2. I imagined what a mess it would have been to tackle the original blaze with a powder extinguisher

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.figu...1596685518253/

Makes you wonder if they disconnected the battery at the first signs of smoke.

Herb
Old 11-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #118

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Makes you wonder if they disconnected the battery at the first signs of smoke.
Interesting how it spread, and the collateral damage that ensued.
I recall some commentary on another Thread (jeep fire I believe) where suggestions were made encouraging the installation of a battery cutoff switch - seeing this makes you take that more seriously.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
This is just beyond generous---its uber cool, IMHO anyway!

Rob you guys have been outstanding contributors here and speaking mostly my own opinion one of the most helpful and beneficial members vendor-wise. I say this is the right place to post this---most of us will revisit this thread, especially those who've already purchased an Element extinguisher.

I'm more that glad to spread the word but as I generally avoid all the traditional "social media" sites and activities my word-of-mouth to friends etc is the best I can do. I hope others will take up my slack in that arena!

Thanks again Rob----massive respect to you and Element in general for all you do.

X2. Thanks for the discount, just bought 2 more, to augment three I got earlier. Two in the van (one the industrial size), one each in our other vehicles plus in the house. Great product and cheap insurance! Considerable interest from my aircraft flying friends. Spreading the word by mouth.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #120

I mentioned the sale on another forum I am on and a question was raised about using these in strong winds. I'd imagine you would want to be upwind when deploying but am not sure what effect wind has on the gas.