Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #1

New Instant Tent

Check out the new Coleman Instant Tent , 60 seconds for set up for two people . I thought that it might be food for thought for some of you .
http://www.coleman.com
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #2

Re: New Instant Tent

What I want is a 10 second setup awning for one to be used as a changing station after hiking or kayaking in the rain... For when I am not in the van, of course.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldercrest
What I want is a 10 second setup awning for one to be used as a changing station after hiking or kayaking in the rain... For when I am not in the van, of course.
How about the Outback Porta Privy? Pops up in seconds, folds up almost as quickly (once you've figured it out the first time!!)

Cheers,
Mike.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey
How about the Outback Porta Privy? Pops up in seconds, folds up almost as quickly (once you've figured it out the first time!!)
You are way ahead of me. Everytime I fold it, it's simply luck if it goes- sometimes seconds, sometimes after 10 minutes I walk away and come back. I've tried every technique I can think of, but usually when it folds I can't remember exactly what I just did!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #5

I've seen something like this in a lot of photos here on the forum. This could actually work, and it's even tall enough for me. Now I know where to buy it. Thanks!

Jage - have a mini tent for the kiddo that is the same way. Somehow we always get it back in its bag, but I'm never sure how it happened.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
You are way ahead of me. Everytime I fold it, it's simply luck if it goes- sometimes seconds, sometimes after 10 minutes I walk away and come back. I've tried every technique I can think of, but usually when it folds I can't remember exactly what I just did!
Haha! Yeah, I've had a few of those battles. It usually puts up a good fight the first time I pull it out in the spring, until I figure out the trick again
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #7

I love the Outback Porta-Privy as well. Setup couldn't be any faster. Usually it folds back up easily, however I've also had those occasions where I felt like I was trying to solve a Rubik cube.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #8

I thought that I had posted this sight at an earlier date and if not here it is Boy's and Girls .
And it really works http://www.hotcampshowers.com/porta_privy_setup
Greggde

P.S. They have been a very pleasant company to deal with , our family has purchased a number of different items from them .
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #9

Aldercrest ,
My Son In Law is 6'5 and is able to use the Porta Privy very nicely , They feature a Top That You Are Able To Unzip , you can see this Zipper briefly in the Video that I posted above .
Greggde