Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #31

Re: Porta-Potty

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire
not to be a nudge but, someone needs to learn photoshop...they go so far to show how much water their product saves but used actual bottles of water and drove all those miles with all that equipment?

edit: apparently the commenters thought so too lol

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygvan
Quote:
not to be a nudge but, someone needs to learn photoshop...they go so far to show how much water their product saves but used actual bottles of water and drove all those miles with all that equipment?

edit: apparently the commenters thought so too lol
But they "purchased carbon offsets". What a crock of rationalization that whole concept is.

Herb
Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #33

Quote:
They would have saved all that gas, water and time not to mention all those plastic bottles by simply photoshopping the scene.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #34

Well that was a lot of money down the drain.

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #35

I'm on the road now, before I left I cleaned the p-p thoroughly. And, I noticed a small hole and figured out it is a vent hole.

Open the dump valve 1/2"-3/4" and it will vent the tank before the dump valve opens. Now that I've used that feature a few times, I'd have to say it works! Even from a hot day to a cool morning I can hear the vent hissing as I pause for a few seconds before fully opening the valve.

Prevent those unhappy blowouts!

When I get home I will edit this info into my first post and copy it over to the WIKI.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #36

Poopsickles. http://www.biolan.fi/english/default4.a ... age_id=102
Old 01-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #37

Glad I found this thread.

So if proper chemicals are used .... are they really 100% odor free?

In the enclosed space of a Sprinter.

And

Jan 2018 - what is the best one these days?

The curve?

Thanks.

John.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #38

We are on the side of “it’s a necessary piece of equipment” to have on board.

There are other threads on this topic, but this one tells you what you need to know. Follow the instruction of the positive comments, especially the comments regarding venting after altitude changes, and you will be good.

We also use disposable paper bowl liners for solids, they reduce the cleanup mess considerably.

We have used ours for a year plus and just over 20k miles in our Sprinter. Laura would not travel without it.

All I can say about worrying about the clean up is - get over it. There are many worse jobs.

Ours fits in a cabinet with a closed and locked door with an additional bungee cord strap across the front of it to help hold it in place. Never a problem with it moving around, even on the roughest road.

Ours is a Thetford with a manual pump. Would buy the same if I needed another.

Take the plunge!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #39

Garage
We have had our SMB for a bit under 3 years and a bit over 50k and still haven't used ours for solids. We've used campgrounds, roadside parks, fast food places and big box stores for that as well as occasional cat holes. We're former back packers and still do paddling trips so that's not a problem. I think we do need to get some of those liners for possible emergencies. On our first trip the Thetford toilet was banging around in its cabinet so I had to install Eyebolts for a bungee. I've found I can't fill the reservoir completely or water sloshes out onto the floor while driving (clean water, not waste water).
I wish I had read something about releasing the pressure before using it after a gain in elevation. A rude awakening but I guess experience is the best teacher.
We have a vinyl floor so we placed it on a piece of carpet to make it easier to slide in and out of its cabinet.
After over 25 weeks of travel we're still happy with it and find it easier to empty than a black water tank in a travel trailer.
wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #40

Thanks so much for the awesome info. Very helpful.

(you) use disposable paper bowl liners for solids, they reduce the cleanup mess considerably

Could you elaborate as to how this happens / what this means?

I can't quite imagine....

thanks.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
We are on the side of “it’s a necessary piece of equipment” to have on board.

There are other threads on this topic, but this one tells you what you need to know. Follow the instruction of the positive comments, especially the comments regarding venting after altitude changes, and you will be good.

We also use disposable paper bowl liners for solids, they reduce the cleanup mess considerably.

We have used ours for a year plus and just over 20k miles in our Sprinter. Laura would not travel without it.

All I can say about worrying about the clean up is - get over it. There are many worse jobs.

Ours fits in a cabinet with a closed and locked door with an additional bungee cord strap across the front of it to help hold it in place. Never a problem with it moving around, even on the roughest road.

Ours is a Thetford with a manual pump. Would buy the same if I needed another.

Take the plunge!
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote