Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #51

Garage
I'm glad it wasn't a vault toilet. Probably not as glad as you are, though.

wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
The second time I emptied our Curve PP this summer, the tank vent valve, spring, and associated small parts somehow came loose and fell into the campground toilet along with the PP contents (thankfully just liquids). Fun times trying to fish the small parts out of the toilet (plastic pasta fork/spoon works well :-)

that all sounds extremely unpleasant.

Given that a PortaPotty Curve is relatively inexpensive (currently $122 on amazon, was down to $80 for a moment on Amazon in July 2017) .... maybe carry a spare? I know space is at the premium in a van.... i guess if you are way off the beaten path it might be an option.... or dig "cat holes" as an alternative if it breaks.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
The Happy Bowl liners are essential. Go for the 550 size, anything smaller is too small.
Went to the Happy Bowl website and they do not list the 550 size. They have original and and MP versions. Any idea which one will fit a Thefrord Curve?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #54

Hi Larrie, I think there is just one size for the Happy Bowl liners. The 550 was referring to the Thetford Porta Potty Model.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #55

Thanks for the clarification.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #56

Garage
Don't remember seeing this suggestion in this thread:

Laveo Dry Flush Chemical Toilet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Laveo-Dr...1045/205205828

Had someone recently talk about these and loved it. Said it isn't good for liquid though.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #57

There is always a five gallon bucket with seat, lined with a double trash bag, cat litter on the bottom and some slac lime sprinkled on top of the waste. That's good for several days of odor free use, then put it right into the trash, along with all the dog waste bags and diapers, only better because it's neutralized with the lime.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #58
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
There is always a five gallon bucket with seat, lined with a double trash bag, cat litter on the bottom and some slac lime sprinkled on top of the waste. That's good for several days of odor free use, then put it right into the trash, along with all the dog waste bags and diapers, only better because it's neutralized with the lime.
Cat litter, yes very wise! We have the (have a flush toilet IN the van but NEVER USED it! Initially a must with wife, but she is scared to use it to, wants to keep it pristine.. lol) fold-flat variety with plastic seat and bag ring for disposable bags (and if you are not using the bag option, FYI make SURE you know where the stream is heading, yes solids head south, but liquid...as I walked back to camp with wet shorts and my coat around my waist), LOVE it b/c it folds flat, and to accompany, we have the small shower tent for when we need privacy, and works for our outdoor shower too, BUT without cat litter, you will surely gag and wonder what the H was inside your poop tent b/c your wife could not possibly stink that bad....but, we forgot that water takes a majority of 'stank' away, but a bunch in a bag in a hot tent, I mean WHOA! SO do the kitty litter, and if you run out, camp fire ash/charcoal, yes make sure it is not hot coals (there is ALWAYS ONE in the group eh?) The lime is as awesome idea too...THX Traveller
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #59

Since this thread has woken up, thought I'd take the opportunity to mention that just today Thetford/Porta Potty showed me some serious positive customer service with the issue I had with a broken air relief valve on my PP Curve toilet. Very impressed. They definitely went above and beyond.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #60

Sorry if i missed it ....

How do people keep the PortaPotty from falling over when it is in a bathroom? (Shower room)

When driving down the road.
Thx.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote