Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #41

That Nemo one looks really nice, but I think it's a bit overkill for the light use we'll give a shelter. For a longer camp-out or more heavy use, the Nemo model looks great!

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #42

Bought this when it was on sale for less than 25$ shipped. Not the best in terms of material quality but love the easy pop up and storage of these tents. It literally takes seconds to deploy and fold. It folds up to about 2 feet in diameter and flat

Leapair Shower Pop-up Tent with Bag, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AT3T0GC..._mRfpzbZXKPM6G
Attached Thumbnails
20170605_162930.jpg  
Old 06-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #43
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
That Nemo one looks really nice, but I think it's a bit overkill for the light use we'll give a shelter. For a longer camp-out or more heavy use, the Nemo model looks great!

Yep I agree. I have a larger one I got from Bass Pro. It's big, stable, and has a web flooring but it takes forever to set up and is just too big IMO. The Pett is fine in wind if you leave the windows open and secure it with side guys.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by caideN View Post
Bought this when it was on sale for less than 25$ shipped. Not the best in terms of material quality but love the easy pop up and storage of these tents. It literally takes seconds to deploy and fold. It folds up to about 2 feet in diameter and flat

Leapair Shower Pop-up Tent with Bag, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AT3T0GC..._mRfpzbZXKPM6G
I was just looking at this same tent on Amazon. Some of the reviews talked about the fabric not being very opaque, like you could see obvious silhouettes with back light, etc. Have you noticed any issues with this?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #45

Not really. There is someone actually inside the tent in the picture I posted. The sun was shining directly at it. If you shine a bright light directly at the tent in the background, then I'm sure it'll silhouette but otherwise, might see shadow movement but nothing distinct.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #46

I guess we never decided to get to fancy about it. Usually we shower in campgrounds showers or pay shower room like those in some of the National Parks. If nothing else is available we wash up inside our camper van with a simple hand shower and a pet pool.
See the following link:
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: My Chevrolet Express van Class B- camper

Mike & Nancy

The Cookie Monster
Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #47
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Scotty!! What an EXCELLENT vid!!! OK....a few things;
1. Scotty! Man you are so much younger than I thought...must be the wisdom beyond your years thing...lol
2. Have one of those 'Pooptent" things too...COULD NOT get it folded back up, sat in the center aisle till the next stop.. and NOW I have a handy how to guide...tell your son WELL DONE on vid too! P.S. mine, 19.99/AmazonPrime...AND the 15.00 fold/like a TV tray seat,fits inside the pooptent bag perfectly!
3. ****MOST IMPORTANT***Make SURE you use some CAMPFIRE ASH to put over your...hmmm 'stank' business? Without that 'layer' of 'stank' protection, the buildup of said 'stank' in the 'hot' pooptent will make you gag or faint or both! Flies will congregate too... With the ash...all good!
4. No problems of see through, but in the end (no pun intended) everyone knows what you're doing in there anyway...

Ps The ash thing was the wife's discovery and her pic to prove it! Sorry can't seem to get my pics facing the right direction
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1787.jpg  
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #48

Wow, that's going back a few years. I was young! My son and I were fooling around with IMovie when we first got it. Anyway, glad it helped.
Oh, he's my size now. Time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #49

Garage
We just got one of these. I haven't set it up yet, but for the price and how often we plan to use it, I'm sure it will work fine.

https://www.amazon.com/KingCamp-Port...%2Bshower&th=1

Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #50

Ive got this one. It is bigger but poles are built in sets up by a single person in 4 mins easily. Opens like a backwards umbrella with hinged joints.