Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Rotopax Warning

I'm posting this to vent my frustration with the company and to possibly save many of you some time. Rotopax has had a reputation of distributing a leaky product. Not the case for me. However, after several years of owning my 2-gal can, the cap broke. I thought it would be a simple fix...just contact the company and order another one, right? Wrong.

I rate their web site 4/10 and their customer service knowledge 4/10 (at least with regards to caps). After three failed attempts of sending me the one I need, they figured out that they do not make one. Don't believe it when they tell you to order a cap for their water can to replace it with- it will not fit. I am now using a cap from a different manufacturer that I had to modify by cutting the side tabs off.

I hope this post alleviates possible frustration for some of you.
Attached Thumbnails
Rotopax.jpg   IMG_5993.jpg  

Dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #2

Garage
Thanks for sharing / posting.

So does this mean that Rotopax has redesigned/updated their product? (in the time since you bought yours?) Such that the exact 2-gallon Rotopax container you have isn't being manufactured anymore? (Hence the caps that they send you aren't the same spec/design as the one you need?)

If the product has indeed been updated/redesigned in some way, then it isn't entirely unexpected for them to stop carrying replacement parts at some point for the older version. (Though when you call them, they should ideally still be knowledgeable about the parts you need....)

Sorry to hear about your runaround!
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #3

I guess so. I can deal with product change (even though there was no real mention of it). Might have even purchased a newer one. But because of the ridiculous run-around in part knowledge (or lack of), doubt I ever will again.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #4

Have you tried ebay for a replacement cap?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...x+cap&_sacat=0
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #5

Since the company that sells them cannot deliver, I didn't want to go any other rout. Besides, my problem is fixed as I mentioned. I just cut the tabs off of another can I had laying around. It doesn't work the same way but it keeps the gas in!