Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #11

I ordered some seat covers from coverking for my '08.... I guess we'll see if it was a dice roll or not.

Highball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:31 AM   #12

tactical covers

PM me your cell for pics of tactical covers by Coverking

2010 SMB
www.xtrememobileadventures.com
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #13

I installed the covers yesterday afternoon. I had to tuck some of the material on the seat sides to clear switches and the lumbar knob, but it fits. I ended up doing the same for the passenger seat because it looked like a skirt hung over the seat otherwise. The thing I will take up with CK is the amount of material that is missing around the armrest... it seems like a pretty big gap around it to me. We'll see what comes of it.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:02 AM   #14

There is a pic on my gallery.
When I ordered these, they did not have a great fit so the company re-worked them to fit better. They wear great and are real handy having back storage loops, pockets, for stuff like flashlight, knives, gloves, etc...

2010 SMB
Old 12-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #15

Carl, just curious what you ended up doing to have CK re-work the covers? Did ya email pics? I almost went with the tactical covers, but I chose velour (charcoal) because it should match the sofa bed I ordered. The color matches the paint on the van well too.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #16

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
I have some black ones that are 8 years old and have held up well to wear and tear but they are now an ugly faded grayish mess.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:22 AM   #17
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
I have some black ones that are 8 years old and have held up well to wear and tear but they are now an ugly faded grayish mess.
Wow---that's odd to hear, maybe only because my "old" set of CK black in Cordura aren't yet gray but certainly a bit "less black" ?

In fact my current set are on their 3rd pair of seats, having been transferred from one E250 to another over their 10 year life.

Given the near perfect fit and longevity I'd gladly plunk down the money again if that need ever arises.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #18

Smittybuilt covers

Can anyone advise whether these will fit '03 E350 seats?
Old 12-28-2015, 04:16 AM   #19
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustywolf View Post
Can anyone advise whether these will fit '03 E350 seats?
The set I'm currently using have been on three different E-Series, all factory seats; '97, '00 and now a 2003, factory arm rests removed by me. Despite my set being made for seats without the armrest option they fit wonderfully. Snug, no loose material ect.

They're a bit of a bear to install though, at least the way I ran the elastic straps for the lower cover.

I do "rotate" the covers from side-to-side maybe once a year or so---just after running them through the washer and dryer.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #20

When I ordered mine, they told me they did not have a great fit for newer seat style. They sent, then I got on with their design/sewing person who altered them. They do tuck in around controls and bottom edges have a clip/bungee type device that holds them under seat bottom. Some slight play, but overall very good. Key for me was the back which I use to carry a variety of things from flashlights, gloves, knives, etc....Easy to reach back behind passenger seat when driving and grab a light/knife if needed.

2010 SMB