Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #1

Garage
"Truck Claws" Discount

The message below is the byproduct of another Thread "Emergency Traction"

Emergency traction - Page 5 - Sportsmobile Forum

Just thought I would start a new thread to get the message more exposure if anyone has interest (namely because the offer they presented only has a two week life).

Truck Claws II allowed 2 weeks to order with the discount below.

At least they finally made a decision...This is the offer they decided on:

Discount code is SPORTSMOBILE2018 for $30 off TruckClaws II and TruckClaws II with Extender Bar Kits. Code applies to as many units as they add to cart. Offer expires 3-27-2018 11:59pm Eastern.

https://truckclaws.com/

Regards,
Nick

I have no affiliation, just became a conduit for them to address the members on this Forum. $30 off isnt bad, IMO they certainly are a quality product

Old 03-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #2

Garage
Thanks Twoxentrix!
Just ordered a set using the discount code. (It worked great!)

For sure it will bring some added peace of mind to have these stowed aboard for our next Anza Borrego outing.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks. I'm going to order a set.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #4

Just got them yesterday. This is substantial hardware, well engineered and made. A dedicated closed center channel for the strap keeps the claw from ever slipping off, the underside of the claw is grooved with angled edges to dig into rubber tread and even has an arc to conform to the tire curvature. The material is thick! The claw looks to be 6XXX series aluminum (with small percentages of magnesium and silicon as markers), i.e., what is considered to be ‘aircraft grade’, and hardness indicates optimum temper, with ~45 ksi tensile strength.

No buyer’s regrets here, the things are nasty! Wouldn’t be easy to come up with a home brew design to match these.

One modification I’ll make will be to drill and tap for a set screw in each one to keep the extenders from possibly slipping out and taking off during wheel spin; don’t want to leave anything to chance with regard to flying projectile scenarios, or lose them in muck or snow.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0143.jpg   DSC_0144.jpg  
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #5

Thx for photo/info and smart idea with set screw idea,please post a few pics when done if you don’t mind
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:09 AM   #6

Garage
+2, got a set of those Truck Claws that showed up here just a day or so ago too.

Already packed aboard the rig!
Off to Anza Borrego tomorrow!

Hoping to never need 'em, but they do increase confidence having 'em along. They really do look substantial and quality all around.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:29 AM   #7

Thanks for the info and input on these. Just ordered a set.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #8

Anyone buying two sets or already have traction boards
Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #9

Ok, this is how "green" I am....... I've never even seen anything like these, so I'm not sure if I need them or not. The van is 4X4 with an onboard compressor, front & rear ARB lockers and I carry a set of recovery boards. What are the chances of me getting into a situation where what I've got won't be enough and I'd get myself un-stuck if I also had these?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Ok, this is how "green" I am....... I've never even seen anything like these, so I'm not sure if I need them or not. The van is 4X4 with an onboard compressor, front & rear ARB lockers and I carry a set of recovery boards. What are the chances of me getting into a situation where what I've got won't be enough and I'd get myself in-stuck if I also had these?
Not a 4wheeling expert but super loose sand where your buried or in mud tracks where those extender bars can bite/chew enough to get some momentum & you don’t have to stop every 4 feet once you get movin to stop and move boards(if they are not enough to get it done).im still gonna take some weather treated boards 2x10 and sawzall some old mx tires/screw them down to see if they work ok & if not I will buy in on traction board set as well