Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #11

Have it, The cover is a PIDA to install, it came with the new to me van and after using it a few times and adding the Aluminess toys I was done using it. Then weather here is not as extreme...

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #12

van cover

I agree, its a pain in the ass but if u need to leave it on for weeks on end, it does the job and protects the van. it took the company three tries to get it right, that was a pain in the ass! the cover has an open slit, Velcro to fit over my bike rack. were do u live? I do not have a link because it was one of a kind. I live in Laguna Beach.
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:08 PM   #13

Bern I'm not big at posting my location open in the web but we met a few years back at the bike festival up north.

Mine is an off the shelf fitted for the standard LB van, doesn't really work with all the toys, rack, antennas.... It's collecting dust in my garage and will go free for a local pickup.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #14

Van cover still colecting dust in my garage, no takers for a freebie ....
Old 04-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #15

I use to park near a tree that dripped sap and had several expensive car covers, but it's been my experience that covers can actually cause damage when used outdoors. The combination of a little dust and dirt getting under the cover combined with a some wind and or moisture will abrade the paint. Far better would be some type of non contact shelter. Remember how popular hood bra's were years ago? They made quick work of grinding down the paint, and you rarely see them now. If you do use a cover, make sure it's put on a clean van and inspect for abrasion frequently.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #16

Nick,

Yes please! Sent you a PM!

Chris
phlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #17

Different kind of cover

For whatever it may be worth, I decided to buy a large
(30 ft) piece of camo cover for mine. I live close to 9,000 ft. So UV is a problem most day ( summer or winter). Oddly, this seems to work extremely well to
protect my taller top, and the rest of my van. If the wind is bad I use bungees to maker sure it doesn’t blow away! No abrasion at all from this setup that we
can see, plus the fact that it moves a bit means that
nothing is covered or uncovered for long., In the winter I rent a heated garage that’s near my home,
so don’t need the cover then. And it makes a nice, cool shade if I’m not using the awning, and folds up quite smsll for storage.
Just a thought for anyone looking for alternatives!
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieKat View Post
For whatever it may be worth, I decided to buy a large(30 ft) piece of camo cover for mine. I live close to 9,000 ft. So UV is a problem most day ( summer or winter).
ConnieKat
Is this camo netting, the kind you see hiding artillery in war movies? Where did you find yours? I've thought about this stuff to help our huge white highroof van be less obvious in some situations. Thanks!
campism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:23 AM   #19

I found the provider....but as it turned out it was also on Amazon at a slightly reduced price, and free shipping. If I can find the company, will let you know.
This is absolutely not the flimsy stuff either. And yes it is what you thought. After 28 years I’d recognize it anywhere, lol!
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote