Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
I had an issue with it once where it was a bit too tall to get under the axle. I had to dig out a bit on firm ground to be able to get the jack under the axle.

When using my stock jack along with some wood blocks there have been times where it wouldn't fit under the axle and still have enough travel to get the new tire back on, so I've simply placed one of my leveling blocks under the flat tire, and gently driven forward a few inches. This lifts the axle enough to get the jack under, and driving another few inches on the flat doesn't seem to hurt the tire. I've always wondered about those cam like devices that lift the axle as you move forward. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Quic...B&gclsrc=aw.ds It looks like there good for around 2 tons, so they should at least lift the axle enough to get a standard jack under to finish lifting, or perhaps they will take the place of the jack if on firm ground. Anyone ever try one?

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #72

I too bought a H1 scissor jack. Looks like they are on sale for $50 with the guy I bought from in Wisconsin back in 2016 (good transaction experience / no problems):

https://www.hummerpartsguy.com/KIT-S...G_p_22312.html

I also bought a Safe Jack kit / jackstand setup to use with it. I did not know Agile had a funky adapter for the weird knobby H1. That would be useful if you get the H1.

I've never had to use any of the said equipment, thankfully... of course, that's probably a function of lack of use of the van, unfortunately (the use part, anyway).
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Not that you need it shipped, but will Agile ship if I call them directly?

Herb
Agile says they have no problem shipping these. They will soon have jacks on hand to go along with them as well.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #74

Re: Highlifts. I'd forgotten about this video in which a van falls off a highlift at about the 1.5min point. Something else I noticed was that the guy in the video is pumping the handle with his head above it, and he leaves the handle in the down position. A good rule is to never put your body above the handle, and always return the handle to the upright position. This is due to the fact that it can fly upwards, should the jack malfunction or fall.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #75

I carry two wedge shape blocks with me to use when I mount my snow chains. (4"x4"x 8") Place the blocks in between the cross sections of the chains and it gives you room to wiggle the chains into place for a first time tight fit leaving no need readjustment. I also carry a small 2 ton floor jack that is about 24" long . I can place a block on the turret of the limited throw jack and be high enough to change tire. If you are on an incline and all of the weight of the van is on that corner the 2 ton is too light but just back down slowly, level the van and change the tire. Oh I have two HiLift jacks a 60' on the roof rack and regular inside, I never use them.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #76

I picked up one of the Hummer jacks off of Ebay and got the adapter from Agile. The jack works great and sits significantly lower than my Safejack bottle jack. I measured about 5" lower. The Hummer jack is attached to a decent size plate which should help in sand. Agile has an order in and should have some of the H1 jacks in stock soon along with the adapter part for it.

Here are some pictures of the two jacks together along with the Hummer jack in use on my van.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #77

Garage
Great. Thanks for posting.

I got an H1 jack late last week. Still need the Agile adapter.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #78
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
I picked up one of the Hummer jacks off of Ebay and got the adapter from Agile. The jack works great and sits significantly lower than my Safejack bottle jack. I measured about 5" lower.
Here are some pictures of the two jacks together along with the Hummer jack in use on my van.
I'm looking to acquire this same set-up for my cargo-only E350 extended body running 245/75-R16 tires. I see the Hummer scissor jack + adapter is indeed "shorter" but do you have any measurements to share?

Before jumping in this direction I'll temporarily flatten one rear wheel to determine my absolute minimum axle tube clearance necessary to use this sort of jack.

I did buy the combo jack & stand which would work fine as it will lift the chassis or suspension from other points not so low to the ground.

TIA
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 AM   #79

JWA - In the jack full down position with the adapter in the axle cradle position, mine measures overall height to the top edge of the cradle is 7.875", call it 8" to be safe.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
JWA - In the jack full down position with the adapter in the axle cradle position, mine measures overall height to the top edge of the cradle is 7.875", call it 8" to be safe.
This sounds about like what I measured as well. The Safejack was over 12" at the uppermost part of the cradle while the H1 measured somewhere between 7" and 8".

One word of caution on the H1 jacks. John at Agile said not to use power tools to raise/lower the jack. He had a customer do that despite being warned not to and the planetary gears in the jack failed. That jack is now used as the display model. The wrench portion of the H1 handle assembly is thin and I found it uncomfortable to use despite the plastidip on the handle. I'll wear gloves next time I use it.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk