Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #101
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
I'm getting $65 for the unit + $77 shipped to WA. :/ this hurts my Canadian Wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
Was shipping also more than the Jack itself for you?
Once you lift one of these things for yourself you'll see why shipping is so much---they are indeed hefty.

My shipping was just under $37 USD---would this be coming directly to you in Canada or first to WA then on to you?

That guy is pretty fair and doesn't seem intent on making a profit off his shipping charges. Do remember FleaBay charges a seller one of their famous fees as part of their "final value fee" where they add the shipping charges to that amount further reducing the seller's take.

Even at the costs you'd expect these jacks are worth what they cost--just as is the Agile adapter block. Like everyone else I hope to NOT have to use it but its worth the cost knowing its riding quietly and comfortably ready for action.

BTW when mine arrived I raised it as far as possible then greased the threaded rod--lowering it makes sure the entire thing is now lubricated. If it sits too long rust could form on the threads and make raising it if necessary more difficult than it needs to be.

HTH

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Once you lift one of these things for yourself you'll see why shipping is so much---they are indeed hefty.

My shipping was just under $37 USD---would this be coming directly to you in Canada or first to WA then on to you?

That guy is pretty fair and doesn't seem intent on making a profit off his shipping charges. Do remember FleaBay charges a seller one of their famous fees as part of their "final value fee" where they add the shipping charges to that amount further reducing the seller's take.

Even at the costs you'd expect these jacks are worth what they cost--just as is the Agile adapter block. Like everyone else I hope to NOT have to use it but its worth the cost knowing its riding quietly and comfortably ready for action.

BTW when mine arrived I raised it as far as possible then greased the threaded rod--lowering it makes sure the entire thing is now lubricated. If it sits too long rust could form on the threads and make raising it if necessary more difficult than it needs to be.

HTH
Thanks JWA, I would be picking it up at my mailbox in WA. I am confident shipping it directly to me in Canada would be significantly more. I should probably get it, I only have a stock jack that came with the van.....

Also, do you know how much this thing weighs? My mailbox has a limit of 50LBS per package otherwise they can refuse it if its over.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #103

I just checked my history and I won the H1 Jack auction for $40 and paid $45 for shipping. $85 total. So both the Jack as well as the shipping have gone up.
rltilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #104

I was able to bid on this item. It will be coming to me 100 shipped. Time to order the Agile Piece. Thanks everyone to bumping this thread, hope I never have to use this!

Is it still worth it to keep the stock jack in the van? I personally have never used it and suspect it hasn't moved since it came from the factory.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #105

I don't keep the stock jack in the van but do have a SafeJack bottle jack along with the H1 and also a hi-lift. I expect the H1 will get me out of most situations but having backup can't hurt.

I did need to use my stock Ford jack on my lifted van once due to a flat and it worked fine on pavement. It is small so it can't hurt to keep it packed just in case.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:12 AM   #106
JWA

I would keep the smallish stock jack---assuming you have room for it? Its one of those things you never know when or if you'll need it. Much like the Hummer jack it might be useful one day.

I would run the stock jack to its full height, clean and lightly lubricate any exposed threads then lower it and stow it in an out of the way place. The only real space issue becomes the folding handle.

Good find on the Hummer jack Cyrull!
Old 11-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #107

Thanks for all the info. Just picked one up for $45 and $61.60 for shipping. Van came with a random bottle jack with no labeling. Don't want to rely on something like that when it comes time. (But fingers crossed I'll never need to use it on a trail)
DuggyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:45 PM   #108

Where did you find this jack?
Thank you,
Joe Futrmobl
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:40 AM   #109
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaflc@yahoo.com View Post
Where did you find this jack?
Thank you,
Joe Futrmobl
There should have been enough links and mentions of where one can find these jacks---in case they've been missed here's a seller I've used with complete satisfaction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-HUMV...UAAOSwTUVZrEwk

He's open to offers but even if he wasn't his prices are crazy good--shipping is about as expected given these are pretty heavy. Please give him a try---he has three and looking to sell them all.

HTH
Old 12-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #110

Thank you JWA. just bought one. Very grateful for your help>
Joe Futrmobl
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote