Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #21
Site Team

Funny that now under the new Forum administration we can say Volcano now.

Years ago there was a new member who started off right away talking about how great the Volcano was. He denied being affiliated with the Volcano, but after a while Jage flushed him out and he admitted he was either part of Volcano or a seller of Volcano.

Jage banned him, and banned the word even being used here. Oh the good old days.

Herb

Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
It was sort of a joke. In talking art or science I was splitting hairs, er steaks.
I was talking about the definition you gave. Is that tenderloin side of the bone measured on one side (the top or the bottom) or two sides (the top and the bottom) of the steak. Since the roast has tapering muscles, not which side of the bone, one side of the steak will have a larger tenderloin and the other side of the steak will have a smaller tenderloin.
The larger is side is The New York Strip the small side is the tenderloin or fillet.
TeleSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleSteve View Post
The larger is side is The New York Strip the small side is the tenderloin or fillet.
Nothing personal TeleSteve, but Duh!!
I was shooting the Jack Nicholson movie "The Border" in 1980, in El Paso TX. We went to Billy Crews for the best steak in town, and you walk into the restaurant and there is a meat counter. The guy pulls out the whole roast and holds a knife to it and asks "How thick do you want it?"

I have been eating those things for almost 50 years and KNOW what it is. I have had 3 hour dissertations on them by my father-in-law meat cutter. I KNOW what it is. I was asking a question about the finer definition of a porterhouse. Since it is determined by the width of the meat on tenderloin side of the Bone.

If you measure the width of the Tenderloin side, then flip the steak over and measure it again you will get two different measurements, as the tenderloin gets wider toward the rear end of the cow. One side of the steak or the other has a wider tenderloin. That Is All.

Now, lets get back to the grills....
Has anyone used this Coleman Fold N Go?
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Funny that now under the new Forum administration we can say Volcano now.

Years ago there was a new member who started off right away talking about how great the Volcano was. He denied being affiliated with the Volcano, but after a while Jage flushed him out and he admitted he was either part of Volcano or a seller of Volcano.

Jage banned him, and banned the word even being used here. Oh the good old days.

Herb
Missed that one, but I would have liked to see it.
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old 05-20-2016, 08:11 AM   #25

Garage
We use the Cobb grill. I like it a lot. Very easy to use and cook with. Uses charcoal and doesn't get hot on the outside so you can pick it up and move it in case of sudden showers. It also stores in the basement. Kind of expensive, especially getting all the different options.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1549.jpg  
firedude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:07 PM   #26

Garage
I want to revive this thread, at least the Grill portion of it.
I have been using the Cuisinart grill.

Ok but not quite it...

What do you use that will fit in a Baja box?
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

Old 04-17-2018, 02:08 AM   #27

I'm pretty happy with the utility of the Solaire grill. Everywhere is the model I have. It fits in the box with room to spare and I can fit my leveling blocks on top of it. Infrared Gas Grills | Solaire Infrared Grills
Attached Thumbnails
solaire1.jpg   solaire2.jpg  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
I'm pretty happy with the utility of the Solaire grill. Everywhere is the model I have. It fits in the box with room to spare and I can fit my leveling blocks on top of it. Infrared Gas Grills | Solaire Infrared Grills

JoeH - Do you have any photos of how you mounted your grill?
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botchan View Post
JoeH - Do you have any photos of how you mounted your grill?

Jason from Product Research Gear hooked me up. He had them fabricated by 4Treks. He's usually at Overland Expo if you want to check one out. He also got me a pretty good price on the grill.
https://productresearchgear.com/
FOURTREKS HOME
Attached Thumbnails
solaire_mount.jpg   solaire_mount2.jpg  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #30

Great thread! Thanks! Lots of good products discussed. Right now the Volcano has the attention of the wife and I.

James
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote