Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #11

Re: What's the best Cell Plan?

Hmmmm...

That link requires you to have a yahoo account. If you do have an account, I recommend joining the VanDwellers group and searching for "Frugal prepaid cell phones?"

Also a link here that does not require a login:

http://tightfistedmiser.com/2007/01/30/ ... hone-plan/

Tom

bluedog225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #12

We went with the LG Dare from Verizon because we had a line we'd have to pay to cancel. It looked like a good phone, I can type like mad on it and the dataplan was half the price of anything else.

Two weeks later, and after struggling to get any use out of the phone without additional fees (+$5 for email, +$5 for texting, +$6 for SOLITAIRE!) adding to the monthly total we returned it and went back to my wife's Razor. The Razor is decent, we already own it and in the end we should be able to get by with just a phone- although it was nice to have access to the forum on the road.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #13

We've got sprint family share/all everything data plan. 1500 minutes w/nights and weekends starting at 6 p.m. ($10/upgrade for extra 1800 minutes/mo). 2 phones = $120. 4 phones = $160. total bill around $170 before 21% employee group discount.

that being said.....they still don't get my billing right. ususally spend at least 1 hour monthly trying to get my bill straightened out. we had switched from a VERY old plan that sprint's computer billing system didn't recognize.
chainsaw5vent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #14

You can get a phone from walmart with data plan something like $30 using verizon service but have to pick their phones.

1000 min. plus data was like $45

PS: I have had sprint for 5 yrs. without a single billing issue and they bend over backwards every time I call. Verizon might have better coverage in some areas but in FL sprint / VZ are about the same. If I were traveling then I would consider VZ.
stkshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #15

T-mobile 49.99... unlimited talk time /No Annual Contract required http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/Cell ... enMorePlus
k9sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote