Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 11:15 PM   #41
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieKat View Post
Hello,
I’m hunting for a small stove I can use inside my van on bad days ( rain, snow)! Single burner is probably fine. The “ person” who owned it before me had Everything involving propane removed, including the stove, piping, heater, and etc. so I have nothing at all,
except a small microwave! Most of my food is also freeze-dried, so I don’t need a lot. I also have a portable electric steamer for veggies etc. and and electric soup pot, plus slow cooker. All these thing use up power pretty fast if you’re boondocking at all.
Suggestions? Drawbacks to whatever you use?
Thanks so very much,
ConnieKat

If you don't use propane outside, (such as BBQ's or a lantern), the cheap butane stoves are a great bang for the buck IMO. For many years I had one in the case mounted on my countertop (attached with Velcro) and it never fell off in all hard off road travel I do. Their issue is finding fuel. Many small stores carry disposable propane bottles (like Coleman) but butane is a bit more difficult to find. For full cooking systems I'd look at something like Jet Boil or other backpacking solutions. More pricey but nice options. Nesting pots make for smart storage. I had a bit of money to throw at my van so I installed a 5 gal propane tank and stove. Big bucks for a cup of coffee. Call me lazy, but I open the hood, push the ignition and put on the coffee pot. Outside I use a 1 gal propane tank that supplies fuel to my lantern, stove and BBQ.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieKat View Post
Hello,
I’m hunting for a small stove I can use inside my van on bad days ( rain, snow)! Single burner is probably fine. The “ person” who owned it before me had Everything involving propane removed, including the stove, piping, heater, and etc. so I have nothing at all,
except a small microwave! Most of my food is also freeze-dried, so I don’t need a lot. I also have a portable electric steamer for veggies etc. and and electric soup pot, plus slow cooker. All these thing use up power pretty fast if you’re boondocking at all.
Suggestions? Drawbacks to whatever you use?
Thanks so very much,
ConnieKat
These are commonly used on boats...

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-ORIGO...tag=mozilla-20
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote