Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
so is it easy to know what LED fog bulb Ford uses with the optional LED package at build?
The ford parts website states the 9140 bulb works in the LED housing.
Parts HC3Z-15200-A + HC3Z-15200-B + HC3Z-15201-A + HC3Z-15201-B all say "Front Fog Lamps-LED, With Front Fog Lamps"

Researching ebay shows the LED housing is a male connection (i guess the pins determine the orientation???) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-thru-19-...IAAOSw01JbhusS

Old 12-09-2019, 11:09 AM   #12

When driving through that bomb cyclone winter storm recently to go snowboarding in Colorado, in the heaviest part of it, we found out that our yellow LED‘s cut through the snow pretty good. We had to turn off all the other auxiliary lighting, as the white LEDs just reflected off the snow flakes and hurt visibility.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	30908I got this on the mail yesterday. 4-9” cheap Chinese yellow led bars. Going to mount them on my van before the next ski trip.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet on black View Post
When driving through that bomb cyclone winter storm recently to go snowboarding in Colorado, in the heaviest part of it, we found out that our yellow LED‘s cut through the snow pretty good. We had to turn off all the other auxiliary lighting, as the white LEDs just reflected off the snow flakes and hurt visibility.

Attachment 30908I got this on the mail yesterday. 4-9” cheap Chinese yellow led bars. Going to mount them on my van before the next ski trip.
thanks, and cool.

you have a link to those cheap chinese yellow LED bars?

and be sure to post a review of how they are.

cheers

J.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #14

Garage
I use my fogs (PIAA mounted in the front Aluminess bumper) quite often. they work great in Fog (Smokey mountains area mostly) since they dont reflect light back at you from fog, rain, and snow.
But, I also use them a lot on Country roads - in conjunction with my Head lights and an additional set of white PIAA LED Driving lights - the fog beam pattern illuminates more of the side of the road, and since they are yellow its not as distracting... has helped me spot Deer quicker!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I use my fogs (PIAA mounted in the front Aluminess bumper) quite often. they work great in Fog (Smokey mountains area mostly) since they dont reflect light back at you from fog, rain, and snow.
But, I also use them a lot on Country roads - in conjunction with my Head lights and an additional set of white PIAA LED Driving lights - the fog beam pattern illuminates more of the side of the road, and since they are yellow its not as distracting... has helped me spot Deer quicker!
This is a serious question -

i am sure the PIAA LED driving lights are brighter, more reliable, more durable... etc.... and worth the extra $

but if i want to go cheap..... does anyone have these, or similar? Cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H3VBF5Z
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #16

I'm pretty happy with the switch from Hellas to Baja Designs XL-R Sport LEDs. Amber lens with with a wide cornering light pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
baja designs_5.JPG   baja designs_2.JPG   baja designs_3.JPG  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
This is a serious question -

i am sure the PIAA LED driving lights are brighter, more reliable, more durable... etc.... and worth the extra $

but if i want to go cheap..... does anyone have these, or similar? Cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H3VBF5Z
Yellow Fogs (and only fogs) are a must for the beach especially if there are folks fishing or campers.
If your a surfcaster or sportsman you know what I talking about.
I had El cheapo lights on my rig for ten years and their worth every bit of the $40 they cost at the time.
Just saying.......
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4697.jpg  
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #18

Similar to Twoxentrix, we mostly use our Rigid fog lights on low volume roads to spot large animals earlier. I love having them for that reason.
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
I'm pretty happy with the switch from Hellas to Baja Designs XL-R Sport LEDs. Amber lens with with a wide cornering light pattern.
Hay JoeH what is the small marker light you have on the corner of your bumber
Old 12-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #20

I just replaced my weak marker lights with these $25 fog lights from amazon. I was looking for better visibility in heavy snow. They certainly don't fill up the coffee can size holes in the bumper, but they're not to bad looking in person. If they make it through the winter I will also replace my backup light with these, seems to be softer light for unloading trailers or setting up camp. Hopefully, another snowstorm will hit Reno/Lake Tahoe soon so we can test them out.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Day fog.jpg   Fog lights day.jpg   fog lights night out.jpg   fog lights night (2).jpg