Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

Garage
Winch possibility

I have Anzacs old road armor bumper on my rig now with a big vacant winch space. It seems like the warn m12000 was made for this thing as that what was in there before. I found this locally on Craigslist:

http://salem.craigslist.org/pts/2767079180.html

I think he will take 750. There is no fair lead with it. Coupe questions for the group; does is seem like a square deal? Second, can I mount it against the face of the bumper instead of it's feet? I know this topic may have been covered but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

Brad

Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #2

Re: Winch possibility

I'm not too sure about your mounting question. A quick call to Warn or look on their website might help you.

About it being a deal... I would offer $600. And go up from there. If was used a bunch you might have to replace the cable, which could be used as a bargaining tool. This would also allow you to put synthetic line on the winch. Price out a new fairlead too, those can be all over e place price wise.

And of course hook it up to a battery and make sure it works.

Good luck!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #3

Re: Winch possibility

I don't think there is any problem mounting the winch that way, the real people you need to ask is the bumper manufacturer!

Also check what you can get new for $750 before you buy. I used a Warn offroad for years and it was great under all kinds of heavy use, but you can get a new knock off with synthetic rope for less- you're not pulling up cliffs all day after all.