Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #11

Hi there,
Perfect timing for this thread, as I was trying to determind the best way to do this myself! I was advised ( strongly) to get the finer mesh made fore keeping out no-see-um type biters. Found enough at REI for my front windows, but not the rest. At least I
now know where to get some premade for doors! Thanks so much for the info!
ConnieKat

ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #12
Site Team

Years ago we had a Group Buy on front door screens for Ford vans. Here's the place we bought them from, and I was very happy with the results.

https://www.skreenz.com/

Herb
Old 02-27-2019, 05:50 AM   #13

I have an anbulance & found a pull down screen to use with both rear doors open. It'a nice the lock open but it only cost under $60/shipped.
Gr8ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #14

Skeeter Beaterz are cheap, much cheaper than the time it takes to make your own, but I know, what fun is that?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #15

Bringing this one back. Has anyone had any experience with this company for screens? I find their magnetic closure interesting, but the price tag seems hefty:
RV Custom Screen - ROLEF | Produits sur mesure pour véhicules
VanDickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM   #16

Our Vanagon Westy came with a screen for the rear hatch but we wanted something for the slider opening. Vendors offer them but the bride is a seamstress and had different ideas. She bought no-see-um netting and used grey vinyl that matches the interior to whip up her own screens utilizing magnetic closure. Attaches inside the door opening with a combination of snaps and strategic velcro placement for tricky parts, with BBs in the hem to weight it to the floor.

First photo shows it displayed on the outside of the van as sample, and some installed photos. Neat thing about the pocketed magnets is that you have no-handed entry that is much simpler than a zipper or velcro; just elbow your way in or out (with your hands full, for example) and it closes behind you. She also stitched up a nifty velcro closure pouch for storage and transport.

She did say that if doing a set for the new-to-us big Dodge she would probably try those "as seen on TV" magnetic screens and mod them to fit. We have some for use in the house on doorways missing their sliding screens and they work acceptably well.
Attached Thumbnails
1_screen%2520outside.jpg   2_flaps%2520with%2520magnets.JPG   5_weighted%2520hem.JPG   7_installed%2520from%2520outside.jpg   8_inside.jpg  

campism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDickin View Post
Bringing this one back. Has anyone had any experience with this company for screens? I find their magnetic closure interesting, but the price tag seems hefty:
RV Custom Screen - ROLEF | Produits sur mesure pour véhicules
VanDickin, I have been looking at these too. I live in Alaska and a Rep actually came up a while ago to do custom installs that looked very nice. I believe they go to van rallies and do installs onsite when ordered ahead of time. And offer installs for multiple orders in one location (group Buy).

Better hurry though, I think Winnebago is trying to hire him exclusively.
Salem Kroger 4x4 Grrr (edit), fixed and drives like a dream!
WanderingBob is offline   Reply With Quote