Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #121
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert01 View Post
How do I manage my subscription options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2cool View Post
Re: Auto Thread Subscription On Reply

Ditto here. I'm still thrashing thru forum help and CP options for help on this. Subscriptions should not be opt-out. Nothing. Suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. I think the site admins are a bit overwhelmed with all the new issues. So, patience and forum user participation are in high demand here. Hang in there, this too will pass!

Subscription options can be managed in several ways.

You can set your subscription defaults in your user Control panel..
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/usercp.php > Options

Scroll down a bit and changed your default settings for subscriptions as well as your notification options. Don't for get to go to the bottom of the page and save.

You can also manage existing subscriptions from your User CP. Check the sections further down on the left side for "subscriptions" Here's a direct link: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ewsubscription

Another way to can manage subscriptions is from the thread tools drop down menu that displays at the top of each thread. This is useful if you have set your default to 'subscribe" but don't want to subscribe to a particular thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smbthreadtools.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	10325
Subscription settings are complex but highly configurable. You will get the hang of it

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #122
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbail View Post
Ok, might have already been queried but can't find member gallery links on posts?

Otherwise, fwiw, I like the clean modern new look.
To find a members album, one way is to click on the members screen name and click on view public profile. Look to the right and you'll see the members join date, number of post made, profile data (if any) and their album or albums. In the future most active members will probably be posting specific albums. I'm told each new album will only hold a limited number of pictures. That said I believe the old albums have been grandfathered in. For instance my old forum album is full and if I want to add more images I'll have to start a new one which will not be able to hold the number of pictures the old one has now. I think this will be a huge benefit. If you've ever looked at my album you would have noticed a variety of types of photos in it. Several are images of vehicles at SMB in various states of construction. I also have a number of wiring diagrams along with quite a few trip reports and places I've been over the years. Now I will be able to categorize each album. This should reduce a member or myself from having to hunt down a particular picture. By adding information to the album title, it should make things easier to navigate.

Currently I do not know if I can move certain images form my old album into new specifically named album.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #123

Garage
Hey -- just wanted to chime in and say I'm really digging the "fine-tuned" new look of the page! (Now that a bit more color has been added (and the stark white backgrounds have been toned-down!) The light brown "dry lake bed" screen-fill borders left/right are a pretty nice touch too, and help reduce the amount of screen glare when viewing the forum at night in a darkened room.

(Although.....thinking as I'm typing here......to that point --- I still think it could perhaps be a *little bit* darker in the beige "fill" area around the main boxes. Maybe the main boxes could go the color of the current "fill" area, and then the "fill" area could go darker to provide the needed contrast between the two.)

It's SO close to getting the page's contrast levels to a point where you don't have to squint to look at it under low-light evening conditions. Maybe I'll do a quick photoshop study and post an image (again, very humble/respectful admission this is still strictly IMHO!!!)

In any event ---- it's beyond fantastic to have this modern update to the SMB Forum, (and to clearly have the fantastic/dedicated people in the first place who have been making it happen!!!)

Again --- can I say (to any and all who are responsible for making this page happen/keeping it going?) ---- BIG THANKS for the awesome page. This forum provides at least half of the world-class experience that is owning/driving/modifying (and oh yeah...camping in!) Sportsmobiles. Great vehicles that are absolutely the product of their great community.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #124

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Subscription options can be managed in several ways.

You can set your subscription defaults in your user Control panel..
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/usercp.php > Options

Scroll down a bit and changed your default settings for subscriptions as well as your notification options. Don't for get to go to the bottom of the page and save.

You can also manage existing subscriptions from your User CP. Check the sections further down on the left side for "subscriptions" Here's a direct link: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ewsubscription

Another way to can manage subscriptions is from the thread tools drop down menu that displays at the top of each thread. This is useful if you have set your default to 'subscribe" but don't want to subscribe to a particular thread.

Attachment 10325
Subscription settings are complex but highly configurable. You will get the hang of it
Perfect! Thanks
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #125

I havent looked through the whole thread but the time is way off. Do we need to select a time zone or is this forum controlled.

FYI....Showing 10:02pm when actual is 5:02pm

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #126
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBrian View Post
I havent looked through the whole thread but the time is way off. Do we need to select a time zone or is this forum controlled.

Yes you do.
User CP > Edit Options > Date and time options > select your time zone and save the changes

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #127
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBrian View Post

You need to select a time zone.

Go here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...do=editoptions

Scroll down to time and date settings and change as needed. Then scroll ALL the way down and hit save.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You need to select a time zone.

Go here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...do=editoptions

Scroll down to time and date settings and change as needed. Then scroll ALL the way down and hit save.
Thanks Dave and Janet. Done!

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #129

For Tapatalk users, I have been trying to log in to the forum via Tapatalk since this post started and with no luck. Today I figured out that I had to delete the old SMBforum from my "Following" list and do a new search for sportsmobileforum and a new entry came up and I was able to log into that one.(It has the new SMB Forum logo on it)

Hopefully this works for others.

On another note, I no longer have any of my old bookmarked or subscribed threads, anyone else have that problem??
Ben10281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #130
Site Team

I've now spent some time playing with this site and I'm starting to like it better. However, I'm still seeing ads on the right side and embedded in posts, even though I thought I have turned off the ads. I particularly hate the ads within someone's post.