Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #51

Not a fan yet, but change can take time to get use to. I am grateful someone has taken this on to keep the Forum alive!

I use to always default to the "updates since your last visit" or something like that that would show all posts since the last time I was on. Does that still exist somewhere? If so, I can't find it.

Thanks,
Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi View Post
I use to always default to the "updates since your last visit" or something like that that would show all posts since the last time I was on. Does that still exist somewhere? If so, I can't find it.

Thanks,
Phil
I did the same. Now, if you look above here there is a dark bar running all the way across. A bit to the right of center is "New Posts." I think that has the same function.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 AM   #53

My first impression is that I like the change, although it will take a bit to learn where everything is. As was mentioned by Janet, change is unsettling.

My suggestions or questions:
  • I typically select a sub-forum, and read through all the threads with new posts. I then click back to the main forum and go to the next sub-forum. Previously, after clicking back to the main forum, the sub-forum I had just read shows no new posts. Now, it will still show new posts (even though there are none) - can this be fixed to update automatically?
  • I often clicked on users' photo albums through one of their posts. Can this feature be brought back?
  • Ads suck but I understand their necessity (it's way worse if you're not signed in). Looking forward to options to get rid of them. On that note, I lost my contributor coin just prior to the changeover, when my CC was compromised just before auto-payment was supposed to go to Jage; hopefully previous contributors will be recognized.
Cheers,
Brent
Old 12-09-2015, 12:59 AM   #54

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We will take a look at the album issues.

Pschitt can you point me to a specific post that has missing images?
Sure. Take a look at this post : http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...3&postcount=18

You'll notice that in the same thread, other posts normaly display images...

Many thanks for all the work you're doing to make this forum better !
Old 12-09-2015, 01:04 AM   #55

Another gripe:
  • When looking at the list of threads in a sub-forum, the 'last post' date is displayed (and the list is sorted by this date by default). However, previously you could hover over the thread title and see the date of the original post in the thread. Can this feature be added?
Thanks,
Brent
Old 12-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #56
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
Still planning to do this?
Yes, we'll get the new system setup so contributors from the past can disable the Google ads. Also, we can set them up for a LOT of PM space so Jage should be okay. Please be patient, there is a lot of stuff to tweak before we'll be settled on this new platform. Your feedback is great and helps us get everythign dialed in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude67 View Post
Hmmm. Please elaborate.
We know people often upgrade their accounts to show support for the community/site. In order to provide a little more value, we usually get some very high quality stickers made and send them to the members when they upgrade. I'd like to do that here as well but we need to take care of all the platform tweaks first. If not, we might accidentally order the stickers with s, Sportsmobile ForumS!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:17 AM   #57

Thanks Andy and Janet, and whoever else is reading behind the scenes. It's awesome to know our concerns aren't falling on deaf ears. The name change is a biggie and personally I appreciate it. Also, I'm now seeing way less ads.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #58

Also, to for adding all of our unique and emoticons back in. I enjoy them on this forum and think our are better than most.

For those of you wondering where they are they don't show up in the quick reply, you have to click reply to post and they are on the right.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #59
Site Team

FWIW - We plan to simplify the upgraded levels and price them pretty cheap. It's going to be $14.97 for an annual upgrade that will allow you to turn off ads and get two really nice Sportsmobile Forum stickers. Once you take out the transaction fees (PayPal), cost to make the stickers, shipping and time to package them up there is probably around $8 in profit so we won't be getting rich off these but it helps us offset our costs and provides an ad free interface which everyone was used to in the past.

We will also comp a lot of accounts that were active in the past year. So most active users either have already upgraded in the past and we will then extend that or if you never upgraded but contributed a lot (ie. posts) will be able to turn off the Google ads.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman View Post
[*]I typically select a sub-forum, and read through all the threads with new posts. I then click back to the main forum and go to the next sub-forum. Previously, after clicking back to the main forum, the sub-forum I had just read shows no new posts. Now, it will still show new posts (even though there are none) - can this be fixed to update automatically?
+1

Cache settings need some adjustment!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote