Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #11

Re: help

I have surfed various SMB sites for ways to answer many problems :
1 ) I submitted my post but never saw it appear on the forum for "members' classifieds"
2 ) The attached signature is checked...What does that mean?
3 ) I can't change my user name but I was able to edit my profile.
4 ) First 6 lines in profile are left blank since I don't understand the quiry
5 ) I was seeking an answer to a problem and was instructed to contact the board admin.
but I never could find the way to locate them.
6 ) I never could find a help or inquiry post that would accept my inquiry.

Thanks, Stan

STAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #12

Garage

^^^
1-your first few posts are moderated to make sure your content is related and you arent some spammer. after 5-10 posts, they show up when they normally would.
2-cant answer this, sorry.
3-most forums im on require an admin to change name for various reasons, bad seller, people that owe money etc. dont know why on this forum, but im sure theres a good reason for it.
4-cant help with this either.
5-scroll to the bottom of the home page. youll see a legend and right after it says admins. click that and a list of mods pop up. email them. theyve been really good at answering most of my questions in a timely manner.
6-i assume this has something to do with #1.

hth's
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAN
1 ) I submitted my post but never saw it appear on the forum for "members' classifieds"
Your first 3 posts must be reviewed and approved by an admin. I can't find any record of you posting in the logs for members' classifieds, so however you posted it did not make it to the queue. It might help to compose the text of your ad in a text file and save it, the copy it into the forum (saves recomposing if something goes wrong).

Quote:
2 ) The attached signature is checked...What does that mean?
Signatures are part of your profile, the small text below each post. Mine has two quotes for example, many people list every vehicle they have ever, ever owned. The box you refer to allows you to not include you signature with that post. Maybe you've decided that listing every vehicle owned, ever, ever is garrulous just this one time , or whatever. Just an option that leaves it off (unchecked) or keeps it there (default, checked).

Quote:
3 ) I can't change my user name but I was able to edit my profile.
Per site rules aka works as intended.

Quote:
4 ) First 6 lines in profile are left blank since I don't understand the quiry
Years ago, before 2008, there were ways to communicate online besides airing all your dirty laundry and mundane life decisions on twitter and facebook. These were called AIM, ICQ, and messenger and allowed you to talk to only one other person or group. Imagine Skype with no video, if that's possible.

Regardless it doesn't matter if you leave them blank, they're mostly artifacts of the board software.

Quote:
5 ) I was seeking an answer to a problem and was instructed to contact the board admin.
but I never could find the way to locate them.
Works as intended. Technically I am the board admin, but anyone with a wrench in their name pane (see left) should be able to help. I'm rather vociferous on the board at times so people might forget to mention that I am in fact the "board admin".

Quote:
6 ) I never could find a help or inquiry post that would accept my inquiry.
There is the FAQ at the top, or you can ask questions like this (by posting), start a new thread in this section, ask questions of anyone with a wrench directly (PM or email button below each post), or email me (jage@jage.com). Obviously some things fall through the cracks no matter what, so I'm sorry your ad hasn't been posted yet.

Hope this helps, let us know.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post

Signatures are part of your profile, the small text below each post. Mine has two quotes for example, many people list every vehicle they have ever, ever owned. The box you refer to allows you to not include you signature with that post. Maybe you've decided that listing every vehicle owned, ever, ever is garrulous just this one time , or whatever. Just an option that leaves it off (unchecked) or keeps it there (default, checked).
Trying to edit my signature...

The irony is...

I'm at work on a break. I'm about to take apart an exhaust manifold on a EMD 710 3,000 hp diesel electric marine engine package...

I know how to take one of these off (with chain falls and special tools) fix it and make it run again...

but I can't make my signature say:

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop."

ha ha
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #15

Garage
Click "private messages" in the upper right hand corner under where it says "welcome straightottaballard". Once open in the left hand column you'll see an option for "edit signature".
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #16

...or click the "user CP" tab near the top of the page then "edit signature" on the left panel......
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #17

Thanks for your help!

StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote