Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #1

Old Forum vs New Forum = 2007 E350 vs 2008 E350?

OK, maybe I am just getting old (for sure), but I still find the new format harder to use than the old one. The search function also seem much less helpful. Perhaps with more time I will get used to it, but I find myself using the forum less since the change.

Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #2

You are right that the flavor of the forum has changed. There are a lot more new people, some members are back after being gone for a while, more users with Sprinters and other rigs. There also seems to be more rigs posted for sale.

To me all of this makes for a healthy forum. I find myself ignoring the Sprinter threads but have also found some of the new users are asking questions that I have been wondering about as well.

Still wish they would get the photo to resize correctly on an iPad though.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
You are right that the flavor of the forum has changed. There are a lot more new people, some members are back after being gone for a while, more users with Sprinters and other rigs. There also seems to be more rigs posted for sale.

To me all of this makes for a healthy forum. I find myself ignoring the Sprinter threads but have also found some of the new users are asking questions that I have been wondering about as well.

Still wish they would get the photo to resize correctly on an iPad though.

I love to see and watch all conversations.

I find that I really miss the "new topics/threads" thats all I really use to watch.
as a SMB lover, I enjoy all SMB discussions. Its harder see what going on in a quick moment.
I follow so much out there, including expedition portal threads & so many more hobbies.
I don't like tapatalk.......I prefer links on my mac.
hopefully they might expand "recent topics" or "new topics" section....
3-SMB's E250's, E350's - (SOLD)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:17 AM   #4

Why can't you use the Timeliness fonction? Unless it's only on Tapatalk? That's the way I browse cause it's easy to glance over posts you don't care but some good post you'd never find pop-up...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
I love to see and watch all conversations.

I find that I really miss the "new topics/threads" thats all I really use to watch.
as a SMB lover, I enjoy all SMB discussions. Its harder see what going on in a quick moment.
Have you tried the new posts link at the top of the page?

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 AM   #6
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Hmmm..thought I would find a thread already out there...What I miss is the trip reports people used to post...I went back and cleaned up the computer code on most all my old pics and re-did the captions...that helped me feel a little like old times, but lately I feel we are getting more laden with technical questions and suggestions rather than the enjoyment of the rigs and where they are taking us...and speaking of less pics of 'fun stuff' I have noticed there is less and less of the "true" SMB conversation going on...I am constantly seeing more posts being devoted to or about homebuilds and less about folks that have the raised roof/PENTHOUSE option that truly makes a Sportsmobile a Sportsmobile (yes raised roof SMB folks wear your SMB badge proudly too but...) and the little part about being built in one of the three Sportsmobile locations North, South, or West...just a thought and great to welcome any-old van/enthusiast in....but I guess I miss that feel...and it is called the sportsmobile forum...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #7

I miss the old forum feel too. I think the surge I new people and home builds has to do with all the jerks and trolls over in the Expo 2 & 4 wheel drive section. There are some real dicks over there. I'm sure many have been turned off by that and enjoy the maturity and peace and quiet over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #8

You guys have the BEST online forum I've ever used!!! You are all so friendly and willing to help. Ever been on a rock climbing forum? Sheesh, don't ask a question or you'll be mocked. Ever tried to use a firearms forum? Aaaack!!!
It's probably because you guys have a small group, many who know each other. Anonymity is the demise of the "civilization".
Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I miss the old forum feel too. I think the surge I new people and home builds has to do with all the jerks and trolls over in the Expo 2 & 4 wheel drive section. There are some real dicks over there. I'm sure many have been turned off by that and enjoy the maturity and peace and quiet over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Eric. There are also some REALLY nice home builds here and perhaps that is also why some of the homebuilders from ExPo have come over to see the builds and get some inspiration.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #10

Mine is far from a true SMB and I'd be sad if I didn't have access to this forum. SMB is what drew me back into vans (I have a long vannin background but with non-american vans). Since I couldn't afford the real thing I built mine on a similar platform, using this forum as inspiration and meeting great people along the way. I even went back to "the source" and got myself what might very well be the inspiration for SMB, a '65 Travelwagon so what goes around comes around

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote