Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 11:08 PM   #1

Questions about Albums

These questions are most likely for an administrator.

My album is nearly full of pictures and I find that constraint is preventing me from posting pictures, especially trip pictures (which I know is a bad thing around here. Why? Because everybody likes pictures!)

Questions:

1. What happens if a picture linked to a past post is deleted? What will be seen in the post, the picture or an error message?
2. Is there any way to identify in the album those pictures that are linked to posts? If there was some sort of an indicator it would make it much easier to identify pictures that could be deleted.
3. Is the album size limit “set in stone” or is there a way to increase storage space upon request?
4. I assume one of the hosting sites is a way to do this, but I’m not much interested in yet one more thing to manage. If this is a viable option, please pass on a few details as to what, where and how.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Fitz

Old 07-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #2

I got around the problem by creating a new album for each of my trips. There is an Add Album link in the botto left corner under the last album on the Albums page.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #3

Larrie's idea will surely work but I decided to move anything that is not strictly van related to Flickr. Trips are partly van related of course but I still think of them more broadly as family memories and want to store them elsewhere.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
These questions are most likely for an administrator.

My album is nearly full of pictures and I find that constraint is preventing me from posting pictures, especially trip pictures (which I know is a bad thing around here. Why? Because everybody likes pictures!)

Questions:

1. What happens if a picture linked to a past post is deleted? What will be seen in the post, the picture or an error message?
2. Is there any way to identify in the album those pictures that are linked to posts? If there was some sort of an indicator it would make it much easier to identify pictures that could be deleted.
3. Is the album size limit “set in stone” or is there a way to increase storage space upon request?

Fitz

I'm not really sure about the new site inner operations but in the past "Jage" (the original owner of the site) set it up so pictures could not be removed from a thread. It happened once when a member left and deleted all of their pics leaving huge gaps is any of the threads he participated in. I assume it's still similar today as far as pics in threads are concerned. I don't know about a way to identify if someones (or your own) pictures appear in a particular post. The album limit size is set by the upper management so you might want to use the "contact us" for more specific answers. I just started a second album after I met the limit.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #5

I currently have 4 albums. They currently contain 24, 472, 70 and 5 pictures, all for a total of 571 pictures.

When I go to upload a new picture in any of the 4 albums, I get the same message: Pictures Remaining = 29.

This makes me think the total capacity in all albums is 24+472+70+5+29 = 600 pictures.

Am I missing something?
Old 07-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage
Thanks for posting about this. We made some changes here based on your comments and increased image storage limits. As you've pointed out pics are awesome!

You should be able to load 2000 pics now total, but each album will have a 600 pic limit.

You can set up multiple albums with improves surfing for folks viewing your images. (large albums are hard to navigate).
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Thank you!!!!