Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #1

Specific Chassis Threads

Since there are 5 (Ford, Chevy, Sprinter, Dodge, and Nissan), possibly 7 (new Transit and Fuso), SMB chassis builds available or soon to be available, I would like to see separate topics similar to the "Sprinter Chassis" topic.

You can still have all the other topics.

radin2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #2

Re: Specific Chassis Threads

With the exception of the Sprinter there are no specific sub-forum for the various chassis. Each is included in every sub-forum. In any sub-forum specific threads may apply to a specific chassis.

I'm guessing there was enough demand to start a unique Sprinter sub-forum. At some point there may be enough demand for a Nissan one also.

In the meantime, feel free to start a relevant thread about a Nissan in any sub-forum.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #3

Maybe when there is enough interest...

I have no idea if this is possible, but a good feature would be the ability to post relevant replies/topics to multiple places at the same time. An example is using a microwave when not hooked up to shore power. Our experience has been it works fine as long as you run the engine; this was the way SMB west said was ok. I had no idea if this was true for every vehicle (some dealers say you can't) or only worked with the Nissan. So, I posted it under Nissan rather than re-type it in 2 places.

I have been posting topics/replies under Nissan SMB. It started out as owner review and recently became a 2013 Alaska trip report. Jage moved it there. I would have liked to have in both places or have had only the Alaska trip report moved.

Richard
Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #4

After some discussion with other Admins I split your post.

The first part went into General SMB and the Alaska related parts are in a thread call 'Alaska in a Nissan SMB'.

Since all the various SMB chassis use similar construction and components the current sub-forums are as applicable to your Nissan as to any other chassis. And, in sections like 'Engines and Drivetrains we already discuss a wide range of engines (various sizes and fuels) and drivetrains. Discussing Nissan (or upcoming Transit/Promaster, etc.) will fit right in. I'm sure we will all learn something from the cross-pollination of brands.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #5

That works for me. Thanks.

Richard