Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Yes but that is a different issue because he never made a new album. I also can't see those pics in that thread BTW. It seems some of these threads have issues with operating systems...some members can see them other can't.
Yes sorry, I've lost track of the image problem threads, so I just dumped that one in here when I noticed it.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:07 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage
Well they need to know there is a problem so they can fix it so it all helps.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
... I'm not suggesting that having the album section in order wouldn't be a better solution.
Dave, that wasn't my concern, hope you understood well.
When I write "chronological order", I mean inside the gallery of each member. And there is two chronological orders possible: first is from date when pictures were taken (from Exif datas), second from date when pictures were uploaded in the inital galery. IMO, the second is the easiest to manage for all of us.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
When I write "chronological order", I mean inside the gallery of each member. And there is two chronological orders possible: first is from date when pictures were taken (from Exif datas), second from date when pictures were uploaded in the inital galery. IMO, the second is the easiest to manage for all of us.
No I was referring to how the members screen names are haphazardly arranged in the album section not the pictures themselves but I understand your point Claude.
Overall I don't have an issue with finding your album(s) because all I need is your screen name. On a bad side, a big album with hundreds of pictures has always been a problem on the site. I have a picture of Badwater at Death Valley...even hard for me to find it.
Being we can make multiple specific albums now, I think finding pics arranged in dates or places will make it easier for people to navigate through. For instance you could break up your trip into states or places instead of one album labeled "seeing the USA" or 2014. If I made an album titled 2009 Death Valley trip it would be a bit easier to track down a picture for me and makes it better for somebody interested is Death Valley. However I thought by moving the pics out of your old album would sever the link in your old trip report & if you restructured your old album, your trip report might end up with lots of text & no pictures. Perhaps I read that incorrectly but I don't really want to mess with any of my pictures until this is all straightened out. The whole picture fiasco could be a series of different problems and that is something I'll let the pros deal with. Archives are probably the most important aspect of this site and I hope this doesn't get lost in the move.

I would like members to keep reporting picture issues.

If you want to make a structure change in the site, you can use the "contact us" button at the bottom of the page and suggest something.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
+1.

I think this would be a big help.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #16
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
+1.

I think this would be a big help.
Making a comment in the "contact us" section is the best way to get your point across to the people who actually control the site.