Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Select upload. Note that you can select up to 5 pictures before hitting the upload button. Info on each picture is also shown.
Attached Thumbnails
P-5.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage
Once uploaded the pictures info is shown below in the current attachments window.
Attached Thumbnails
P-6.jpg  

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage
That's it. Select preview post to check you've put the correct image the intended post. If it looks good select submit reply.
Attached Thumbnails
P-7.jpg  

Old 10-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I think maybe Larrie was trying to get all the photo upload wisdom tacked to the proper sticky. We've got instructions floating all over the place.
Correct. The sticky I referenced is totally out of date. Just trying to get it replaced with the correct procedure so the new members do not get confused.

Thanks DaveB.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage
I marked it as an out of date thread. Thanks Larrie.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:43 AM   #16

Garage
For the sake of gathering good new info onto this newer photo thread, I copied the following from a recent discussion towards the bottom of page 2 of this thread (if you want all the pictures, go to the thread itself):

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...a-17890-2.html

Old YESTERDAY, 09:00 AM #17
larrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire View Post
Great report thanks. How did you get so many pictures in one report? I haven't figured out how to do that yet on this new forum site.
Mac, I was wondering that myself until I forced myself to sit down and figure it out. Here is Howe to do it in two parts. First the Upload steps and then the insertion steps.

1. Go to your user control panel and click on Pictures and Albums. This is under the Networking heading.
2. On the next screen Add Album or click on and existing album.
3. If you clicked Add Album you will see a screen where you can enter the title and a description for the album.
4. Click Submit
5. On the next page click Upload Pictues.
6. On the next screen click Choose File and navigate to the photo location on your computer.
7. Select the file and you are returned to the Chose File screen.
8. Repeat step seven two more times and then click Upload Pictures.
9. The next screen allows you to add a caption to the photos. This is very desirable.
10. Click Save Changes and your photos are now in your album.
11. Repeat steps 5 to 10 to upload three more photos.

Note: This process works great on a computer. It does not work as well from an iPad. There is a bug that gives each photo the same name on an iPad so only one photo is uploaded. There is no work around at this time, October 2016, that I know of.
Old YESTERDAY, 10:28 AM #18
larrie

Here is part two of inserting more than three photos in a post. Part one talked about how to upload photos into an album and is right below this post. The easiest way to insert photos from an album into a post is to use two browser windows.

1. Creat a new thread or reply to a thread as usual.
2. Type in the text.
3. Open a second window in your browser.
4. In this second window go to the Sportsmobile Forum and click on User CP.
5. Then click on Phictures and Albums.
6.Click on the album that has the picture you want to insert into the post being created in the first window.
7. Click on the photo you want to add. The photo will open. Just below it are the caption, Picture URL and BB Code.
8. Select all the text in the BB Code text box and copy it.
9. Switch back to the first window that has the text you typed into it previously.
10. Position the cursor where you want to insert the photo and paste the BB Code text you copied from the second window at that location.
11. Replete steps 6 or 7 through 10 to add additional photos. You can add as many as you want.

Note: There is a bug, as of October 2016, that prevents an iPad from copying the BB Code or Picture URL from the text box. The workaround is to use a keyboard with the iPad or do the work on a regular computer.

Old YESTERDAY, 12:33 PM #19
Otter

Garage
Uploading Photos from an Ipad

Great instructions, Larrie.

But I use my IPad everyday for uploading pics. Here's the trick to getting the BB code:

First tap the photo to open it out of the album. Hold your finger on the first word [IMG] till it highlights. Then, tap on the lower right "dot". That will highlight the entire code and allow you to copy the code. Then paste it into your content. Warning, it is temperamental and you get one shot at it. If it doesn't work the first time, use the back button and then click on the photo again. Also, it often wants to cut off the first bracket before [IMG], as in my example below. Just add it in when you paste.

EDIT: Here's some illustrations to help. Oh, also, when you upload, you can change the Image name to any caption you want.

What it looks like when it leaves off the first bracket:

IMG]http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/10206-albums1002-picture32676.png[/IMG]

Corrected:

Old YESTERDAY, 02:36 PM
Old 10-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #17

Garage
I've been fiddling with this for a while and all works fine except that all vertically oriented photos come out sideways. I tried correcting by saving the images as sideways pics thinking maybe something in the system would rotate them again when they posted but no go. Solutions?
Makalu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #18

DaveB, thanks for the info there. I haven't tried that way. I've gotten comfortable with the 2 screen method of posting but nice to know there are options.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #19
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
DaveB, thanks for the info there. I haven't tried that way. I've gotten comfortable with the 2 screen method of posting but nice to know there are options.

Linking to pics in your album(s) is probably the best route when using a PC but not to just post an attachment pic. I haven't even tried to use my phone. I have a hard enough time just using the damn thing so it's good others are adding suggested methods for Android/I-Phone stuff.

One problem I've noticed with the method I'm using is if you don't resize the pictures to a smaller file size before uploading. The large files get automatically resized when posted, but the thread takes longer to load the page off the internet.