Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #1

Uploading Pictures with Proper Orientation

I sent this question before and kinda have given up. But going to try again. I take pictures both with Android device and small digital camera. I resize and than rotate for proper orientation. When I upload they back to original format. Can you give me a an idea of a program that I can use to solve this for me. I really want to solve this as I have had requests for more pictures but can't as their orientation. Thanks

Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
A silly question: After resizing, etc., do you save the images? If so, what if you save them with a new name?

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #3

Android phones normally have the correct orientation encoded in the image (they use the accelerometer to determine "down"). The forum software may not be interpreting this encoding, though.

Best results will always be achieved by uploading the photos to a host where you can post-manipulate, if needed. Try imgur.com - totally free and they'll even give you the image link with all of the correct forum encoding tags (the [ img ] stuff) already wrapped around, so you can just paste it into your post.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote