Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #111

Re: 2000 4x4 Ford Van Build

Do you have any pics of how you reinforced the roof hole? Great job!

WHITEgOHST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #112

Re: 2000 4x4 Ford Van Build

What did you use on the walls and the floor;? You wrapped up the corners of the ceiling perfect.
Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #113

I don't log on much anymore but, Sorry to all that had sent personal questions. It seems with the new format I have found that I had approximately 40 pm's not answered..... So if you didn't get an answer that would be why.. To all that I might of inspired keep building! There some new fantastic builds out there!
spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #114

Hello,
Just sent you an email. Then I saw this thread. I need to learn how to make a high top for my Ford Econoline E-350 1991 van. Did you use the cut-off top of the van you were adding the top to? If not, you used another van's top? Could I possibly get details of how to build this for my van?
Thank you!
Cathy
Cathyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #115

Nice built!
LandyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #116

I like your roof rack. Can you tell me what brand it is or where you got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post

Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #117

My new build

Well I guess I'm at it again.... Last couple months I've been in the process of building another Van. Ironically it turns out to be another 2000 E350. This is what I have to this point...... Following pics and descriptions are how I got to this stage.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #118

My new build

Believe it or not this is what I started out with. I was looking for a v10 cargo van, but they are getting harder to find. So I settled for a passenger van. Well maybe!

So this is where most should listen...I have read all the pros and cons on how someone can just throw in some F350 axels and there you have it 4x4. Wrong there is a lot of brain damage involved. But somehow there are things you need to learn by yourself.
At this point I was asking myself "why didn't I order a ujoint kit" oh that's right I already had the axles.

So obviously there's a lot of work in the middle of all this, fabricating all the brackets, abs etc. I just wanted to overview everything, don't really have the patience to document the entire process plus very few would care to see a step by step.
Ok so my original desire to find a V10 cargo, so well this is where it got crazy..... While surfing craigslist I came across a cargo van with a blown transmission and most of the 5.4 CNG motor parts were robbed for other fleet vehicles. But the body was super clean for a 2000. This is where watching UJOR build threads lead a person astray..... If you can't find one build it, I guess

It did pose a bit of a problem being the motor 6.8 from the frame and the donor cargo being a 5.4 CNG all the front wiring harness and computer were changed so there would be no conversion issues.

So with everything bolted together, front and rear sterling 10.5 from a 2008 it's ready for test drive.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:15 AM   #119

Dang, that sounds like a lot of work! Looks great though.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:00 PM   #120

Updated with the 2008 and newer front end.

Painted!