Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #11

I have the chest style fridge and its definitely enough for me and my wife for a few days. Since there isn't any ice taking up space, you have more room than you think to put stuff in there. I was skeptical at first as well, but after loading it up a couple times, I'm happy with the size.

As a side note, I also almost always bring an ice chest with ice and beer in it. Ice is a must for cocktails.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:33 AM   #12
MSD

Garage
That would be me our EB will be $1650.00 and the RB will be $1450.00 shipping will vary but average so far has been $400-450.00 for shipping based on quotes and having a few tops shipped to me...

The only reason why I have not posted more is I am having a hard time tracking down a source for the extruded alloy need to do the installs. I want everything to be professional for the DIY installer not a hack job. As soon as I nail this source down we are ready to ship tops.

If anyone knows a source for the extruded alloy strip that wraps around the base of the van top I would be very grateful. I have found sources for 16' lengths but I need it to wrap all the way around the van in one peace.

Cheers
Mark
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #13
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
1) There is a member here that is working with a manufacturer to build new high tops as a cost effective option. I can't find the thread though, but will post it up when I find it. I think they were about $2,000 shipped to your door.

2) I have a Truck Fridge and it works great. http://truckfridge.com/tf51.html

3) Ford mounted batteries on the frame of all diesel vans and some gas vans. You can buy new take offs on ebay. They're a good option to keep things clean, but the downside is that they are made for a Group 65 battery which maxes out at 75Ah so running 2 would be a good idea and there's room to do it.

4) Read through as many build threads as possible. Get an idea of what you like and go from there.
Ooops was trying to quote Mikeracer but didn't any how Link on tops is here - http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post185553
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e350, ford, ground-up, homemade