Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #1

2004 F350 bumper to fit 1995 E350? (plus whats it worth?)

Hey people, been a long time since I posted on here. I actually have been meaning to throw some pics up... the vans had a lot of work done.

Anyway, I have a line on an offroad tech bumper off a 2004 F350.....could be a great deal. Does it fit? and whats it worth?

It will need a sand/sandblast and refinish for sure. Its one of these :-
Off-Road Tech, Inc - Bumpers for the Extreme: Off-Road.com

But not aluminium as they have one pictured on the link above.

Your thoughts.

Cheers!
Len

Kennyfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #2

Might fit but you’d need special adapters. MG makes some for an ARB bumper for the F series, don’t know if they would work. If you’re getting the bumper for free, probably worth a shot. Even at 50% off, the additional brain damage required to make it fit will destroy any savings unless you can do that fab work yourself.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #3

I looked into starting with a CraigsList off-road winch Ford truck bumper, and adapting it to my e350 a few years ago. Definitely not even close to a direct fit.

I found that the trucks are much more rounded at the nose than the vans, so the truck bumpers wrap around the truck body, where the van's nose is flatter, and the van's wheel well opening is closer to the bumper on a van. If I remember right, they also have a different frame widths.In the end, it was going to be a lot of fabricating, and I came across an offroad bumper for a van.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #4

If you can take your stock bumper off, leave bumper brackets attached to bumper(assuming you still have it). Take it with you and set it back to back with the steel bumper. See how much work it would take to get it mounted to the van. If you decide it's worth that trouble, the take the van bumper and flip it over and lay it in top of the steel bumper so you can see the differences between contours. You might be able to add a little to the back edge of the bumper, pushing it forward and that may alleviate the wheel well issue. Not saying you hadn't thought of that, just might give you a good visual as to how much work is involved and if you want to mess with it. If not, your front bumper is already off, go buy that new one since you're 50% done with that install. Lol

@successfullybearded on insta
successfullybearded is offline   Reply With Quote