Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

2008 E-350 Build

I guess it's about time to share what I have going on with the van I purchased last month, lol. Other than ordering some stuff, not a whole lot.... but I'm confident that when things start arriving that progress will be realized. So far I have removed the bulkhead and shelves, van windows tinted, freshened up the exhaust from the collector on back, radar detector installed, and I'm working on getting the inside covered with fatmat.

Highball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Re: 2008 E-350 Build

Congrats and good luck.

Love the color.

Herb
Old 12-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #3

Thanks Herb.

I'm waiting for a 6" WTD lift kit to show up so I can get these bad boys bolted up...

I sprung for 5 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ATP's mounted on some polished Level 8 Tracker 8.5x17 wheels. The spare is going to be mounted to an Alumness tire rack once it shows up (after 6 weeks... yow).
Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #4

Here's a few snaps of the fatmat progress inside...

I still need to take care of a few bubbles here and there. I remember how much I do not miss installing this stuff! At least I didn't have to gut the interior on the van. The second gen xB I covered with sound deadening was brutal... but totally worth it.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #5

Looking good! I am planning in the same suspension kit but have to wait until my truck sales. Hopefully by then yours will be installed and you can reinsure me that it is the right way to go.

What are you planning on doing with the interior? Camper type build or leave it basic?

Really like those wheels and tires!

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #6

I'm leaning toward a KISS style build, but I'll likely do what I can to keep options open, lol. I'm going to panel and upholster the walls and ceiling, I'm having a 60" sofa bed made for the rear seating, and I'll make a platform behind it for the rest of the bed-and use the space underneath for storing camping gear and supplies. I've had a couple vans in the past with the same basic provisions, and they did the trick... but this site and ExPo has me thinkin' I should set the bar a bit higher!

I'm stirring around getting some windows for the slider and the area across from it right behind the driver door glass.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #7

I think I'm gonna scratch the windows.... For being primarily a pack mule and a place to crash, I think the extra insulation will be a better bet. And I love the way it looks without the windows behind the driver/passenger doors now. Keeps people guessing... lol.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highball View Post
I think I'm gonna scratch the windows.... For being primarily a pack mule and a place to crash, I think the extra insulation will be a better bet. And I love the way it looks without the windows behind the driver/passenger doors now. Keeps people guessing... lol.
I've heard of people regret windows. I say, good call on passing on them.
1997 Jeep Wrangler Lifted / Locked
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #9

And I'll burn up some more fatmat! Which is good because I have a chit-ton of it.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:56 PM   #10

Not much to report other than my stereo/speakers/backup camera has been installed. I did find an email (in my spam folder) from WTD that the lift kit had been shipped.... to where and what's happening with it is beyond me. I provided a business address in attempt to streamline the process of where it will actually be installed and to knock some bucks off the shipping fee, but the email stated the shipping was the same as I was told it would be for residential. This is getting old in a hurry. Any attempt at getting a hold of WTD has been unsuccessful. Good times...

There's a few things now that I've ordered for my van that have me feeling a bit void how it's handled on the other end... do they actually think everyone that buys this chit is willing to throw money their way and take it in the ass?? At any rate, it's been an eye opener for someone who does not have money and time to burn.

No bueno.