Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #31

Posting to subscribe to this thread, and see if any more info has come out regarding the Baby Duramax in the GM vans? I didn't realize they began offering this engine choice.

Is the number I'm seeing for fuel economy accurate - about 28 MPG on the highway?

I am debating my own van situation. Now with a 3 yr. old and a another kid on the way, the distance of the sofabed from the front seats is a problem; the front passenger cannot easily reach over the seat and help a young child. I'm considering the addition of a middle seat (eliminating the RB50 layout; most likely 2 Sienna seats) or considering the age and other issues developing with my van (167,000 mi., bad GM paint is peeling), is it time to look at another rig in a passenger configuration?

zuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #32

That's higher than the Colorado is rated for, so it's probably not realistic to expect 28 MPG from a bigger and heavier rig.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
That's higher than the Colorado is rated for, so it's probably not realistic to expect 28 MPG from a bigger and heavier rig.

Published numbers for the Colorado/Canyon are 28 MPG, but real world seems to be closer to 30 MPG:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...view-update-5/

I get 20-22 MPG on the highway in my 5.3L with 3.42 gears, 4L60e tranny, AWD/4x4 hardware, and A/T tires rolling at 65 MPH. It would not surprise me to see 26+ MPG out of the diesel with the same gears, 8 speed tranny, and 2WD, but hard numbers have been ellusive.
zuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #34
Site Team

FWIW, Chevy Colorado owners with the 2.8L Duramax, report the Fuelly about 24mpg collectively.

Chevrolet Colorado MPG - Actual MPG from 207 Chevrolet Colorado owners=

The downside is did the owner's calculate those mpg figures, or rely on overly optimistic onboard displays?

Herb

Tags
diesel, express, savanna