Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #261

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbail View Post
What’s the current mileage on your Chevy please?

And, after seeing how many pages you have here (and how long it takes to go thru them), I wonder if you might start a separate ‘for sale’ thread where you can post the basic pictures and build info of your Chevy?

Thx
I am not 100%, but I am sure he will make a for sale thread when he's ready to sell it.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:46 AM   #262

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbail View Post
What’s the current mileage on your Chevy please?
Thx
As of last look ~45K. Great running condition, full thumbs up by chevy-shop crew (who drool every time it is in for an oil change). ~15K on upgraded tires.

Once we are finally ready to find her a new home i'm going to have an auto responder email peeps can send off to and get auto-reply/details.

: ) Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #263

Lightbulb Updated info on selling the van will be kept in FIRST post of this thread.

I went ahead and edited the first post in this thread and will keep it up to date on what we are asking, etc. I'm not going to put any details in this post as i know now that only the first post is editable after a time and want to keep info organized and up to date without bothering the overworked and underpaid mods of our fun forum.

Thanks for the visit!
Happy Trails,
Thom
Old 04-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #264

Thumbs up The “Gift”

My MacGirlver wife has been going through emotional pains as we pondered finding a new home for her daily driver; the Chevy AWD van. After weeding through the tire kickers we were down to three serious possible buyers, but after seeing the near tears in my wife’s countenance, I informed them the van was being taken off the market.

Soooo... I surprised her yesterday for her b-day sharing the idea of heading off on the next leg of the adventure with both vans (i plan to retire early...most likely by year’s end, and taking her with me!).

She was elated.

So the vanVenture just got a tad more interesting. Typically when we go from camp to camp after the retirement party she will be driving the AWD Chevy and I will be driving the FWD Promaster.

Cheers,
Thom
Old 04-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #265

That’s taking the whole idea of separate bedrooms a bit far, isn’t it? ;-)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:38 AM   #266

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
That’s taking the whole idea of separate bedrooms a bit far, isn’t it? ;-)

Well...
The plan, (& I will finally post some interior images of the PM) is that we will make the PM our main living/sleeping area. I can shuffle over to the Chevy in the morning (I’m usually up at ~6am) to read and do some digital art while she continues to rest (~usually till 8~).

All systems are redundant, and since we plan to make Nevada our home state (family in Reno and surrounding area) & our two kids still serving in the USAF in AZ & TX (now in reserves after 10yrs active) the Southwest will be our loop. The two rigs will allow for guest facilities when we meet up for vacations now and again.

I’ll post those images, and include updated Chevy also due to the broken image issue (sold accrete domain as mentioned in first post).

Thom
Old 05-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #267

Lightbulb Pictures of our 2017 Ram Promaster build...

As promised here are a few images i took of the completed custom build of our 2017 Ram Promaster 2500 159”WB, High Roof van.

The first is the exterior... you seen’em before, one thing we did was keep things low profile and used an imported roof fan that has no experior moving parts and is only ~3” high off roof at all times. The interior looks like an oversized AC vent (has exhaust or entry mode). There is a 160w solar panel up there to charge up our 190amh AGM battery bank...we only need enough to charge up our electronic goodies since we use an ice cooler (mainly for any berries and such since we are now full on raw food vegans with emphasis on fruits. Yup, i admitted that in the forum!)

The next shows the front swivel seats. There is a SS table we can place just in front of them if we want, though most of the time is remains on top of the laundry basket located just forward of the street side counter and used as an end table.

This one shows the street side main kitchen counter/cabinet area. The large door to the rear pulls out to access our cooler. The silver jug in the black housing in our Berkey water filter.

This one exposes my crazy a-bit-OCD way of design... there is something in me that try’s to get things matching and show some symmetry. In this case i took an old idea and tweaked it to include my LUV of RotoPax. There are 5 fresh 2 gallon and 3 grey jugs. They can easily fit inside a padded freezer shopping bag and be brought into a restroom with no one giving me a second glance

This one shows the over-eight-feet of gleaming stainless steel counter tops that my wife totally luvs. The rear lower closet houses our bathroom items including pull out porta potty and shower.

This last one shows the bed made up with a fun tapestry i found on Etsy site and had a local seamstress sew onto a down comforter. The bed is on top of a Froli Sleep system, mattress is two Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 25”w X 75”L pads with 3” of organic latex topper...we sleep like babies!

Thanks for the visit, if you have any Q’s send’em my way.
Thom
Old 05-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #268
Site Team

Love the idea of the Rotopax holder above the sink. So much simpler than a fresh water tank and a pump.

Herb
Old 05-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #269

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Love the idea of the Rotopax holder above the sink. So much simpler than a fresh water tank and a pump.
Absolutely Herb, and THX for the VanKudos. I doubt there will be any freezing of water supply going on. Not shown is the shower setup with is equally as simple;
Sierra Designs “Pocket Shower” clipped on the over head curtain rails, full of 1 kettle full of ambient temp water and one full of boiled, shake and take : )

Thom
Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #270

I had some questions about that roof vent fan. Would you recommend it? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance and both your builds are beautiful.
kiloloop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminess, awd, promaster