If it's no issue I'll copy my post from another forum
Had a bit of free time today to spend on ambo#1, finding a small leak that was obviously neglected by the previous owner and fixing the resulting surface rust on the front floor. Came out very nice!
Took the old rubber matting out, scraped and discarded the old sound dampener that had seen better and drier days but not before using it as a template for the closed cell foam mat that I'm using instead. I finished the cleaning with some 80 grit sanding so the contact cement wouldn't argue with me... The news paper in between the two pieces is the buffer that prevents the two surfaces glueing to each others until they are where you want them to be. Contact glue doesn't forgive much! (The foam is from HD and doesn't absorb water)
I used a wire wheel on the grinder to clean the floor of the surface rust or loose paint, cleaned it real good and gave it a generous coat of Por-15. Before re-installing the rubber mat I'll put a layer of FatMax on the floor to help with that loud 7.3
As for the leak, it came from the roof. Took me long enough to find it as it was very small but once i finally found it I gave the entire roof a good clean up and used a high quality marine sealer to cover all the joints. We've had some powerful rain since and I'm happy it's now bone dry inside
Sent from my iPorn using Tapatalk