Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Re: Awning Help Advice Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
That operation and look was my first thought on this but it was when my daily driver had the fiberglass raised roof---plenty of room to install and reinforce it.

Now its just the normal E250 EB van which in my mind limits what can be installed to the van without some sort of external reinforcing system.

I didn't want to disturb Derek with this so I've not yet bothered him.

BTW that Foxwing device is very, VERY cool!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #22

Here's my Ezy awning plus large version, it arrived last week so far I'm digging it. Ordered it from The Bus Depot for only $149.00

Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #23

Garage

^^^ thats awesome Buck and price is super cheap, good find!

the foxtail is pretty badass too. is it hard to setup at all? didnt look to bad in the video.

thanks for starting this thread JWA! i wasnt even looking for anything, but its great to see all these options in one place if i ever decide to.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #24
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie

thanks for starting this thread JWA! i wasnt even looking for anything, but its great to see all these options in one place if i ever decide to.
Pretty much the same thought here Shenrie----it did reveal a lot of great awning options!

As is my bad luck what I need most likely isn't readily available. I'll begin prototyping something and if it comes to anything would post it here under a different thread.

Mentioned early on this isn't a camper related item, something more for my work van. I was thinking a stock RV-type awning could be modified to suit my needs but it seems that's not the case.

Thanks all for contributing!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
the foxtail is pretty badass too. is it hard to setup at all? didnt look to bad in the video.
Setup is super easy. Unzip, undo storage straps, pull awning out and tie back to roof rack on other side. If there is no wind and I won't have it out long, I'll let it just stay self-supported. It also has telescoping support poles and guy wires. If its not windy but we'll be around a while, I'll put up at least a couple poles. I usually leave the one out by the doors. But wind or rain needs all the poles and guys wires. That still only adds a few more minutes to setup, and maybe 5 for teardown but that includes coiling up the lines.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #26
JWA

Just bumping this to share something I stumbled upon: [ur]www.bumperchute.com[/url]

This gets a bit closer to my original idea although its probably not easily adapted to fit my needs. Nice piece of gear though, different types to suit different needs etc.