Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #1

Bed Rug Anyone?

Right now I have 1/2 of rigid foam and 1/2 plywood as my flooring, and looking to add carpeting on top of that. Anyone have experience with a Bed Rug? They seem pretty nice and fit in perfectly. I'm almost thinking about scrapping the floor I have right now to put one of these in. You think it provides the same about of sound dampening?

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liner ... 7A0A0.aspx

dudewithvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #2

Re: Bed Rug Anyone?

I've got one in my pickup. It's a quality product. The fit is perfect and I really like the way the foam backing matches the ribs on the floor. Easy to clean and very comfortable.
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

Garage

thats pretty slick.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

Yes I put one in my van above the rattle trap sound stuff. Removed the factory mat and used this one instead. Its closed foam so will not collect moisture. After that I put down 3/4" plywood and now will be covering that in vinyl floor once I fill in the seams. I was told this is how Sports Mobile does their rigs as well. Not sure if that's true but I like it all the same. It is a little lighter than I thought it would be.
edaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #5

I've installed a few of these, really nice. Great fit & finish, good price too!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 06:26 PM   #6

Does this contour around the floor ribs? aka is it flat on top, I was considering using it for the base layer of my flooring system.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
Does this contour around the floor ribs? aka is it flat on top, I was considering using it for the base layer of my flooring system.
The Bed Rug is flat on top and works well as an insulating base under plywood. It provides a thermal and sound break from the metal floor. Of course, if screws are driven through the plywood into the metal floor then the "breaks" are compromised.

This is the one I and others have used in our builds:

https://www.amazon.com/BedRug-VanRug...ine+Club+Wagon
Old 01-29-2024, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
yes it is.

I was glad to see this post by edaddy. I had already decided to put 3/4" ply over the van rug for sound deadening and custom floor leveling.

There are two styles, one is more of a hard "rubber-like" top (in black) while the other is a fuzzy rug texture. They are made of the same thing just how it is formed.

Vanrug seems to be the fuzzy type and Vantred is the harder rubber-like top. Both have the bottom ribbing. Which is better for a 3/4" ply over lay as far as sound deadening? I don't know.

The vantred is probably easier to drill although I have used a soldering iron to melt back the material in a through hole.

FYI whether RB or EB they only cover the cargo area.

https://www.amazon.com/BedRug-VanRug...2-63e904010ad0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy View Post
Yes I put one in my van above the rattle trap sound stuff. Removed the factory mat and used this one instead. Its closed foam so will not collect moisture. After that I put down 3/4" plywood and now will be covering that in vinyl floor once I fill in the seams. I was told this is how Sports Mobile does their rigs as well. Not sure if that's true but I like it all the same. It is a little lighter than I thought it would be.
posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote