Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #51

Wow.

Fwiw, Derek has been considerate and professional with me and my van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #52

Although I have not spoken with him, his demeanor and professionalism wasn't in question. It was rather the systems that they currently have in place to track and follow up on email and phone calls is in my humble opinion in need of improvement and constant supervision in order to improve the customer contact piece of what they do (if what I experienced is not as infrequent as it seems that Derek is of the impression it is) The man is busy. He is back of the house focused. His mind and his business would benefit greatly from a front of the house system that would allow him to focus on his craft and let someone else handle the coordination and questions without him needing to be constantly following up or getting involved when someone cant get answers from the current system as it seems may be the case more often than he or we would prefer.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #53

Last one on this thread from the OP.

Korey does not do installs at Cardiff Camper Van. He can help to arrange third party shipping and help to book the install. I edited my original statement on that as I was incorrect on that point. Still a solid point of contact though.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #54

Garage
Maybe things are changing now. I was looking on their site today, and I discovered that they offer so many more things now than when we originally booked. So far today, Amber has returned my call 3 times within 5 minutes each time, and sent an updated invoice immediately.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #55

That is excellent news! We cant ask for more than that. Great stuff.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #56

On a whim my dad decided to join me for a multiweek trip in the southwest. As luck would have it two days before leaving the brand new norcold fridge decided to run full time. Turns out it can freeze everything solid and hold 20' temps for hours unending! I guess that is good to know if I'm planning an ice cream party in the desert -- but its less helpful right before a trip.

Derek and Amber at CCV scrambled to get me parts. When that failed (norcold sent the wrong part!) found a brand new fridge as a swap out. We were able to leave on time and with a working fridge thanks to their help.

I'm entirely happy with my choice to work with them.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #57

Issue solved

Yes, I am also now pleased with the customer service I have received. Things improved once I was able to reach Amber live when she called me after getting help from Korey. The team there is taking my van in mid January and I ensured that I took the time to get my concerns clearly communicated to Derek at CCV also. Once they were made aware of how I had slipped through the cracks they stepped up and got it taken care of as I hoped they would. This OP was about the challenges in originally reaching them. I am hopeful that others are able to reach them consistently so that all of us can get to enjoy the hard work they do. I am no longer concerned as this forum helped me get my concerns addressed. All good!!
Old 12-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #58

I just emailed CCV after getting pricing this summer from them on tops and options. we are ready to have ours installed finally. We will see how our experience stacks up. Thanks for everyone sharing their experiences. I'll keep you posted on mine.
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #59

Just to add further feedback. I have been working with Amber over the last few days both on email and on the phone. I have secured a spot in March for a pop top and paid deposit. From what Amber said they are very busy. All my questions were answered in a timely fashion and we are currency planning our trip to drop the van off for a makeover!
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #60

We have had a similar experience as 04QuadBear, and have gotten good customer service from CCV. We started discussions in November and are scheduled for out high top on an EB van in mid-February. I will update the forum with our experience.

Funny thing is, when I call I never get through. My wife gets through to Amber every time she calls. She is now responsible for the pop top installation. ;>)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote