Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Question Colorado Camper Van ... questionable customer svc??

Hey everyone,

I am having a challenge with Colorado Camper Van and I wanted to see if anyone else may have a contact or some experience with them that can help me to resolve this the best way possible.

I sent an email 9/13 to the main box requesting a quote and subsequent appointment to get a pop up installed on my van that is currently at Agile getting 4x4 conversion. Got a response 9/13 that stated that they can do it, but are booked until January (good for them). I responded stating that this was no problem to wait, and although it was a few months out, I would still like a quote and an understanding of the pricing that I would be looking at as well as the options that are standard or add ons for additional cost to consider. I offered to call or for them to call me (left my #) if that would make it easier.. They emailed me back a few days later asking what options I wanted, paint, fan, solar etc.. leaving me guessing as to what was included, and what was offered at additional cost. I responded that I just wanted a quote for the standard setup plus roof racks for Thule, and then one with Solar, a fan (if that's not included) and Thule racks. Several days went by and I got no response. Then I got an email that simply said "Good Morning" with no message in the body. At that point I figured this was getting a bit off track and called them got vmx. Left a message summarizing my email tag I had played, and stated politely that if it would be easier Id be glad to speak with someone live to address this desired quote in the most efficient manner. I did not hear back for a few days, then I emailed a follow up again. ..That was last wednesday. No call no email since. Anyone have an in over there that can help me get better service? I love the product and im pretty sure that this inst intentional. but they seem to be making this harder than it should be to get a basic quote for their work within 8 business days of asking for one.

Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #2

This is normal.. Small business, terrible customer service. The tops are great, and I think are worth the trouble.. But if you need great customer service, CCV is probably not for you.

Keep trying, calling is usually best.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

Ok, now that I know what I am dealing with I can treat it accordingly. I will just lower my expectations for customer service. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #4

My van is currently at CCV and I'm holding my breath.

My experience has been that *in person*, or if I actually get them on the phone, I receive excellent customer service. But leaving messages or email is like talking to a black hole. In a few weeks I'll let you all know how the build worked out.
Pritikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #5

I'm in San Diego so the in person option is not an option. But, thanks for letting me know they are a bit lacking in the responsiveness category. I will essentially give up on the email and strive for contact via the phone..
Old 09-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #6

Garage
Our van is going in on October 16th for the mid top, insulated canvas, fan, and Yakima tracks installed.

We experienced the same horrible customer service. I started calling them every day and leaving a voicemail every time. They finally returned my call and apologized because they were insanely busy.

What I've heard from others on here is that they have a great product, acceptable craftsmanship, and horrible customer service.

Good luck.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #7

This story happens over and over. There are lots of threads discussing this, but it seems that the bottom line is that if you have a better mouse trap, the world beats a path to your door. Now, someone has to answer that door and then answer a million questions. Then as soon as you get back to work on producing that trap, the door bell rings again, and again...till you can't answer it anymore if you want to ship out that current order on time. Sure, you can hire someone to answer the door, and with enough training they might be able accurately answer most questions, and mabe even accept the frieght, order some parts, do the payroll, pay some bills etc. Meanwhile, your back in the shop trying to get some production done, but demand is so great that you might have to hire even more help. It can quickly spin out of controll a bit as you struggle to keep up. The one thing you have to make sure you get done though, is to ship product out the door, cuz if you don't the doors won't stay open long. If that means not answering the phone all day, your going to have trouble justifying lost production time for another long phone call. As long as the orders keep coming in, your ok, but if things slow down there will be time to answer the phone (assuming it ever rings) and hopefully take more orders. This doesn't really help the OP, but I think the best advice is to follow the advice of those who have come before, don't give up. The whole things sounds exhausting to me....................
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
The whole things sounds exhausting to me....................

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #9

Time for Derek to raise his prices and lower the insanity.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."
Old 09-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntyrmvr View Post
Time for Derek to raise his prices and lower the insanity.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."
Based on the prices listed on their website, they've already raised prices quite a bit.