Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2015, 07:07 AM   #1

Fixed High Top Opinions

Honing in on a fixed high top. I am looking for a voyager type and there are some options. Has anyone here had any experience with Better Way Partners out of Bremen IN? Their 24" Camper Top seems to be much like the 24" Bubble Top from Fiberine and is also ~1/3 of the cost shipped.

Here are their stock pics of each

Better Way Partners
[thumb]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=cfaa7e862b&view=fimg&th=1481d260415bc84b& attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-CM724QAj4faQ9naN_t4UH4jHcd9KTepOZp_pWwpGCfI_vqw_UG ilL_5olmIZhB8iNrYeDXYtckJPW87mNR7EeyZsLdYsHLaNfsA6 XwRZtTIFnCIIIS3H92uk&ats=1429189323575&rm=1481d260 415bc84b&zw&sz=w1331-h523[/thumb]
Fiberine
[thumb]http://fiberine.com/GVMR/Full_Size_Van_Tops.html#34[/thumb]

I am fearful that all I can do is hope that the Better Way is the same style as the Fiberine.

Anyone have any input in this?

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #2

Re: Fixed High Top Opinions

With a name like "Better Way," how can you go wrong? ;-)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #3

I can't get the link to work. It's not showing up as a link, actually. I went to their site and couldn't find any pics of the van tops. Can you try to link again? I would love to know more.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #4

Taylor - Where are you located? I have discussed tops with Better Way over many months last year. They bought out Summit which was one of the larger suppliers. Better Way does many of the tops for Explorer vans.

(general inquiry/observation - wondering what resistance is to entering one's location into the profile?. It would make things easier for sure)
Old 04-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #5

Here's the corrected link:
http://fiberine.com/GVMR/Full_Size_Van_Tops.html#34
Old 04-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #6

1der, I updated my profile to reflect my home of Big Sky, MT. Didn't realize it wasn't on there.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

Cool, thanks for the location info

At risk of scope creep. CCV is not to far away from you. You may find their pricing competitive. Their proprietary tops are very well built and could be set up as a fixed. The CCV top REF has can act as both fixed AND pop top, just something to consider, plus adding the triple insulated canvas and fiberglass top may meet your needs in a way you may not have considered. If truly only want a fixed top, CCV may have molds there to make 24" fixed top, it is at least worth a phone call.

Ray
Old 04-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der
Cool, thanks for the location info

At risk of scope creep. CCV is not to far away from you. You may find their pricing competitive. Their proprietary tops are very well built and could be set up as a fixed. The CCV top REF has can act as both fixed AND pop top, just something to consider, plus adding the triple insulated canvas and fiberglass top may meet your needs in a way you may not have considered. If truly only want a fixed top, CCV may have molds there to make 24" fixed top, it is at least worth a phone call.

Ray
Ray,
A CCV pop top is definitely an option and I love that their tops are high enough that you can stand up while the top is lowered. What I don't love, with all due respect to owner's of his new high top is the look of it. In fact, I don't even like it. I am waiting to see his new mid top and what the lines on that look like.

The Better Ways top shipped and self installed is around $1600+/-. A CCV pop top is ~$7500-8k with the options I would want. That doesn't include getting the van down to CO for a week. While I am not wholly opposed to spending that, I am weighing my options.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #9

Hi Taylor,

Hear ya. I will be out at CCV mid May for install of the new mid size top, so real pics then.

I was out there a month ago and snapped some pics of the plug for the mold to make the new top. Height above gutter is about 11 to 12 inches. So not enough to stand up, but will be a good compromise for what my wife and I need.

Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.JPG   photo 2.JPG   photo 3.JPG  
Old 04-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #10

Thanks for sharing that Ray. I wish that the higher one could have the same lines as that; just not crazy about the flare (whale tail) at the end of the high top version.