Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
evy

Grey water tank hook up (see video)

Hi guys.
Ok so I made a video of how I'm thinking of hooking up the grey tank to the outside flexible hose.

https://youtu.be/a8dXU4ZRS6U

A few things I forgot to mention in my video :
-I can't add the blade valve underneath the tank because I wont have access to the handle and because there's is a cross beam right under the tank's floor.
-I don't want to add the valve under the van because it would risk freezing.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
evy

Anyone?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #3

Interesting conundrum. I have only used tanks that already have a pipe flange built on to them, but I think you could plastic weld or epoxy one where you need. In other words, epoxy or plastic weld a flange at the bottom, not 3/4 up, and then put your blade valve on the end of that, about an inch or two away from the tank. Then your elbow and the rest through the floor.
I think you would ruin the tank and the odor seal by putting a hole in the top and going to the trouble of trying to fish a piece down into that corner. That looks way too risky and difficult to me. Can the company you got the tank from provide a flange (piece of pipe) in the exact tank material you could just plastic weld into place?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
evy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Interesting conundrum. I have only used tanks that already have a pipe flange built on to them, but I think you could plastic weld or epoxy one where you need. In other words, epoxy or plastic weld a flange at the bottom, not 3/4 up, and then put your blade valve on the end of that, about an inch or two away from the tank. Then your elbow and the rest through the floor.
I think you would ruin the tank and the odor seal by putting a hole in the top and going to the trouble of trying to fish a piece down into that corner. That looks way too risky and difficult to me. Can the company you got the tank from provide a flange (piece of pipe) in the exact tank material you could just plastic weld into place?
Good idea, I checked on RV Parts and Motorhome Parts Online Outlet - RV Windows
They have polyethylene fittings but they seem to require a specific installation called spin welding, they also require specific and expensive tools Spin Weld Process Instructions

But I also fell upon this fitting, what do you think?
Pelland Enterprises Motor Home Products - RV Windows
Old 06-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #5

Look up pvc bulkhead. No need to use silicone or anything with those. I have used them extensively in aquarium trade. One installed it should never leak.
Surfmore72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #6

Awesome. Looks like you've got two good solutions to choose from. I'd go with the cheaper one, whichever it is.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #7

https://www.amazon.com/1-1-Bulkhead-.../dp/B0093AMMSG

5 bucks for the slip version
Surfmore72 is offline   Reply With Quote