Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

Arrow Hi from socal! Need advice/opinions/feedback/prices

Hi everyone! I am a new member/first post.little bit about me I'm a 51 year old electrician,I ride a long travel Trx450r quad/kx450f track bike/Ktm 450exc dual sport & go out to the dunes/desert with my wife Christy & pitbull zappo and our friends.i just bought this van for about 1/3 of the goin price from someone hurtin for quick $$ i don't know much about 4x4 vans (it's currently 2x4) so I'm asking for help! 91,000 miles This van camper(cargo van transformed into a class-b) "majestic"is the model according to the goofy stickers I'm about to rip off of my new toy.It has a two foot fiberglass top roof a/c,kitchen,toilet,hot water heater,shower/table,benches/table that converts into bed,4000 watt onan gene that's stuffed underneath,propane etc.im wondering what prices people have paid for their agile offroad "ttb" (twin traction beam) conversion from 2x2-4x4, their website doesn't list the price only what they'll do and a few pics.i did get an email quote from them but I have nothing to compare it to so I'm reaching out for feed back.im also interested in other 4x4 conversions like sportsmobile,unjoint etc,price you paid out the door & likes/dislikes in performance.i don't know which direction I'm goin yet but I will either convert this van to 4x4,keep it 2x4 & get a 4 inch suspension lift/tires and wheels so I don't rip the sewer tube off from underneath or just leave it alone/enjoy it and look for a used sprinter 4x4 and build the inside my self(just basic to keep weight down).any and all info/opinions are welcome,thx gustav

Agile offroad website info

4X4 VAN CONVERSION

Do you have a 2-wheel drive Ford van or a 4-wheel drive van that under-performs? We can install our custom, long travel, Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam 4×4 conversion in your existing 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive van for a surprisingly competitive price. Contact us via telephone or email for a quote.

Our finished product is neither a monster van, nor an overdone urban-assault vehicle. What you’ll wind up with is the best designed, riding and performing 4×4 van both on and off-road.

TYPICAL CONVERSION INVOLVES:

Removal of existing front suspension and axle components
Modification of crossmember and gusset for clearance and pivot mounting
Installation of TTB pivot and radius arm pivot brackets
Installation of powder-coated AO D50 TTB J-Arms with cromoly radius arms and spherical bearing center pivots with 4.10 gear ratio
Installation of Borg Warner 1256 transfer case with electronic shift
Installation of rebuilt and balanced front and rear drive shafts
Installation of Fox Performance Series 2.0 custom-valved shock absorbers, coil springs, AO Add-a-Leafs and rear lift blocks
Installation of Fox Performance Series 2.0 steering stabilizer
Modification of gas tank for clearance of transfer case

The 0/4 Chevy express is my daily driver & that's zappo my blue nose pit my co-pilot when wifey is not around...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8889.jpg   IMG_8944.jpg   IMG_1417.jpg  

Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote