Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #11

Re: Inquiry: Who is interested in a Fiamma Awning

Wanted to get an update posted here:

First, thank you to all who have posted responses and have read the thread. I am working on solutions, freight costs are the primary challenge.

FiammaUSA will drop ship and add their freight costs which are anywhere from $125 to $200 per awning depending where it is going. If I ship individually, I have no way around this. If I can ship two or more to a business location, I can get those costs cut nearly in half per awning.

So, think about pm'g me your city and state if it is not in your profile. I can ship to a FedEx Office where they can hold for pick up.

Open to other ideas, too!

Ray

Old 06-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #12

FWIW, I just ordered a f45s 350 a couple of days ago from them (just spotted this thread now -- ops). And shipping is indeed $200 to the west coast.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #13

Yes, 10ft in black. cincinnati but travel to Tennessee frequently to Knoxville area lake Norris. Like one asap if can be done
Great job organizing ,
Thanks
subluxation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty

1. Yes, but interested doesn't mean I'm absolute.
I like the way 86Scotty rolls.

If money was no object, then I would just order a black 10' F45S Fiamma. The ARB 8 x 8 shipped to my door for $279 in my mind is, a tough value to beat. And it's much lighter than the Fiamma.

It's hard for me to not think about a price without factoring in shipping, especially when it can add $200 to the total price point.

If I could be all in for around the $700 price point, then I would be tempted. But I suspect that's unrealistic.

With all that said, I would be willing to drive up to 100 miles to do a pick up.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallDee

The ARB 8 x 8 ... And it's much lighter than the Fiamma.

It's hard for me to not think about a price without factoring in shipping, especially when it can add $200 to the total price point.

If I could be all in for around the $700 price point, then I would be tempted. But I suspect that's unrealistic.

With all that said, I would be willing to drive up to 100 miles to do a pick up.
Yep, this is tough nut to crack. Couple of things - weight wise the difference is 20 to 25 lbs. the whole rig is on the gutter. I can carry my F45 10 ft by myself.
If you are near Aluminess or SMB west, you can avoid shipping by picking the 10 ft up ~$783 plus tax. Indiana seems to want to sell it installed only. Texas - I have no clue.

$783 is a very hard price to beat. Maybe I could save people $35 on the awning itself (I was really surprised it could not be more) Where the savings is available is shipping multiples to one place. There are three or four of you in the southeast - I think shipping could get down to $50/60 per awning. That gets the awnings delivered to that one place for about $800 each. Fyi- A pallet load is 18 awnings of any configuration, that provides for a bit more savings but huge outlay.

Four "ship-to" areas so far shape up to be somewhere in the SE (Tenn?) somewhere towards Detroit, Denver area, and So Cal. For So Cal/SW - hard to beat pick up at Aluminess.

Is there a way to nail down some specific areas ?
Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #16

FWIW, I looked at the ARB, and another one that was similar and kept looking at the, but finally did order the Fiamma. For a couple hundred I'd rather have the most convenient approach, since it means I'll use it more.

Perhaps this is because I already have a setup with connectors and electrical conduit that takes 60 minutes to set up and guy down (that's good to 70mph gusts once setup, not sure I'll trust the Fiamma in those scenarios).

edit: s/ARB/Fiamma/

Should show up this week sometime...

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience
FWIW, I looked at the ARB, and another one that was similar and kept looking at the, but finally did order the ARB. For a couple hundred I'd rather have the most convenient approach, since it means I'll use it more.

Perhaps this is because I already have a setup with connectors and electrical conduit that takes 60 minutes to set up and guy down (that's good to 70mph gusts once setup, not sure I'll trust the Fiamma in those scenarios).
Fiamma open in 70 mph? not happening. But the one person and two to three minutes to set up will be very appreciated. Even leaving it open a couple of feet provides some nice protection from sun or rain.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der

Is there a way to nail down some specific areas ?
I'm in PDX.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #19

Re: Inquiry: Who is interested in a Fiamma Awning? Group Bu

Okay here is where we are on this:

I have one awning going to Michigan. Freight for one is $125, Freight for 2 is $150 and Freight for three is $175. These are to BUSINESS locations.

I have two awnings going to Colorado. Freight for one is $150, Freight for 2 is $175, three is $200 and four is $225

Freight to west coast is $200 for one, $240 for two, $280 for three.

Freight to Tennessee area is around $110 for one, $135 for two, $160 for three.

So, you can see if multiple shipments go to a single location, the savings can be substantial. It would REALLY be appreciated if you guys can work out your common locations as I do not want to have to figure logistics. you guys can help each other and yourselves out.

The awnings price is $825 for the 10 ft F45s in Black case w/. selection of grey, tan or burgundy awning material

THIS IS SPECIAL PRICE FOR FORUM MEMBERS FOR THIS WEEK.

Lead time is 10 days BEFORE shipping, so looking at 18 plus days to delivery.

If you are in California near SMD West or Aluminess, they have them for $784 plus sales tax picked up at their locations.

Please PM me if you want to buy or if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Ray
Old 07-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #20

Since I ended up ordering one just before this was posted, I actually received it this past Friday.

Some notes that might be helpful, note in particular the one noted with '*':

- On-line payment is via paypal, their web-site sort of assumes that you are already logged in to paypal.

- There's not really any e-mail communication that's initiated from their end, but sales support was
responsive and helpful when I reached out.

- It was shipped via a moving company. I guess that's due to the length and delivery to a home address.
I suppose that explains the shipping cost.

* The shipment is marked with big "inspect contents for damage before accepting". In my case the
delivery person set the package with those stickers pointing down (either a mistake, or he was in a
hurry), regardless:

- The awning came very well packaged and it seems like damage would take some active neglect. Mine
was in perfect shape.

- The awning comes with their "KIT AS 120" brackets by default, which are perfect for my ENG rack.

- The awning also included the rafter and the clips to mount the awning legs to the van body (bumper?)

- Mounting the awning on my rack was straight forward though I did use some trick screwdrivers to deal
with clearance issues. It took me about an hour and a half. Roof gutter brackets might be harder.

- It took me a long time to work up to spending this kind of money on an awning. The thing really is
easy for one person to set up quickly. I don't think I know of an obvious way to do it well cheaper.
So, if I want an easy to use awning, this just seems to be what it costs to get one.

- I got the 3.5m one. It's a good fit for the diamond plate ENG rack on my EB van.

- The clips to put the awning feet onto the van might be key in places where you can sleep in your car
but wouldn't be allowed to set up a tent. (I've been known to push my luck in those scenarios.)