Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #1

Lightbulb Installing Window behind Driver's Seat in '98 Ford E-250 Extended w/ Quigley 4x4

Hey All!

Looking to install a sliding window behind the driver's seat in my Econoline to bring in more light and help with ventilation. I already have a window that pops open on the passenger side sliding door.

I'm currently looking at https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/col...-van-1992-2017, but would love any input from someone that's been through this process before.

Also, any tips on install would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

-James

PulseofdaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #2

I'm sure you'll see plenty of info on this process in other posts and great advice here.

The only thing I learned the hard way is that centering the window between the two horizontal body lines that are so inviting aesthetically will result in a window that nearly touches your headliner.

Drill some reference holes.

(Though it looks nicely balanced from the exterior.)

Good luck!
bcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #3

Hi James, Not sure where you are located (not in your profile) but I am a big fan of the awning windows since they can be used even when it is raining. The website you listed clearly carries CR Laurence windows but I did not see the FW904RS shown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW904RS awning window.gif
Views:	7
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	22298

They are $425 plus shipping or will call at CRL, I can order for you if you like or you can ask how much the website you listed wants for them.

Reference point for window install on the Econoline is the lower line. The window should be parallel to this lower line. Drilling a couple of reference holes in the middle of where the window is going is an excellent suggestion. The inner wall is often not where you think it is looking from the outside! Lots off masking tape and very sharp fine tooth jigsaw blades on a very good jigsaw makes cutting easier. There is not much leeway for errors in cutting. The window flanges are not very large. Lots of patience, measuring and drawing with a marker to make sure it is all correct before actual cutting.

Tags
ford e250, ford econoline, quigley, window, window installation