Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Is This Even Possible ?

You guys think it is possible to add a Poptop to and existing Hightop like this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Hightop.jpg  
__________________

__________________
.
.
.
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
bemerritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 549
Not a smb lifting mechanism, but possibly a CCV. All depends on the size hole already cut.

That being said, you would basically need to completely remove that top and start fresh with it. Would be a substantial amount of work. But I have given thought to such a setup.

Unless you mean a poptop on top of a fixed top. That would be a sight to behold. And whether not its safe/doable/smart, i want to see it done!
__________________

bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Not a smb lifting mechanism, but possibly a CCV. All depends on the size hole already cut.

That being said, you would basically need to completely remove that top and start fresh with it. Would be a substantial amount of work. But I have given thought to such a setup.

Unless you mean a poptop on top of a fixed top. That would be a sight to behold. And whether not its safe/doable/smart, i want to see it done!
IKES ! yeah, I hear ya....

Thanks for your input. Doesn't sound like a path I want to explore.
__________________
.
.
.
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
carringb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 4,338
CCV says they will do a pop-top on the high-roof Transit. That must be over 14' when popped!
__________________
2000 E350 extended wagon dually
V10 w/ Banks Powerpack, Diablo Predator
Buckstop Outback bumper/grill guard
Reunel rear bumper
carringb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bemerritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 549
as long as you reinforce it somehow, i'm sure it could work
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Site Team
 
BroncoHauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern New Mexico
Posts: 8,982
MSD should be able to give you a good insight as to whether or not CCV can do that for you.
If he doesn't post here today, reach out to MSD via PM.




Herb
__________________
SMB-less as of 02/04/2012. Our savings account is richer, but our adventures are poorer.
BroncoHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
MSD should be able to give you a good insight as to whether or not CCV can do that for you.
If he doesn't post here today, reach out to MSD via PM. Herb

Thanks Herb !

I'll keep an eye out for MSD. To date, I don't think I've had the pleasure !


__________________
.
.
.
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
CCV says they will do a pop-top on the high-roof Transit. That must be over 14' when popped!
Heh, heh, heh.... I didn't think of that ! Nose bleed seats !
__________________
.
.
.
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
as long as you reinforce it somehow, i'm sure it could work
I like a guy with a positive attitude ! thanks for checking in !
__________________
.
.
.
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:33 PM   #10
MSD
Senior Member
 
MSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 1,047
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
as long as you reinforce it somehow, i'm sure it could work
Doesn't need reinforcement, our frame is strong enough for the Transit high top. Done a lot of them...
__________________

__________________
2004 E350 EB Quigley - aka MCSporty6.0
2013 Fiat 500 pop/abarth - Sold
2003 Land Rover Disco II
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Sportsmobile Registry

The SMB

Economan

Campervan

Joerg
Add your Sportsmobile
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×