Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #11

Why reinvent the wheel (or the seat)

After an exhaustive examination of minivan bench seats at the Reno pick n pull, I settled on the rear seat and track from a Nissan Quest. Cost was less than $100.

The track fit pretty well in the floor of my 2013 e350 passenger van. I was able to use a couple of The existing factory seat mounts and reenforced a couple more holes to complete the mount. Drilling, Cutting and Welding required.

The lack of mini van type factory seat rails in GM and Ford fhas always pissed me off. Any surface mount rails will require building up the floor...I needed to insulate it any I guess.

Different seats do different tricks. I didn’t need one that made into a bed some other makes offer. Good luck!

bajasavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Sweetness.
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #13

I'm interested in seats on Ltrack so I can pop them in or out as needed. This was a great (somewhat older) string until I started to chase the links.

Expo.com pointed everyone at base-fab.com for any seating issues.

Unfortunately, base-fab.com indicated that they have had a change of business and no longer support the Ltrack kits, see below.

Quote:
Base Fab
Attention: Due to recent changes to our business, effective immediately, we will be moving to wholesale only distribution. Our adapter products for Scheel-Mann seats will now be sold directly through Scheel-Mann.
Additionally, Sienna seats have become increasingly difficult to source, causing prices to skyrocket. We no longer feel that producing adapters for these seats is worth the time commitments and costs so the following products will no longer be available:
-Sienna universal short mounting bases
-Sienna universal tall mounting bases
-E-Series van front seat adapters for Sienna seats.
We have also discontinued sales of L-track kits and hardware.
Thank you for your understanding and support!

I chased the unwin thread but I can't seem to find a distributor of their seat products.
They are owned by braunability.eu
Here are some nice seat products that might work well for occasional use with the ability to move fairly easily.

Unfortunately, their US dealers (or the one I contacted) seem to be in the business of complete handicap vans services rather than providing parts to the DIY market.

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitburger View Post
I chased the unwin thread but I can't seem to find a distributor of their seat products.
They are owned by braunability.eu
Here are some nice seat products that might work well for occasional use with the ability to move fairly easily.

Unfortunately, their US dealers (or the one I contacted) seem to be in the business of complete handicap vans services rather than providing parts to the DIY market.
Is Base-Fab unable to sell the Unwin seat locker part now? I thought they were an Unwin dealer. I should have bought that part a while ago then.
They told me they wouldn’t make a base for the Ford captain chairs but I thought I’d buy a part and come up with a base on my own.
JVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #15

Check out Matt at Titan Vans. You can order Unwin lockers from them as Michael has gone wholesale.
Nickbokhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbokhoven View Post
Check out Matt at Titan Vans. You can order Unwin lockers from them as Michael has gone wholesale.

Thanks for the pointer.

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote