Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #1

leveling kit schooling needed.......

I have a 2003 E350 2x4 with air suspension in the rear. Looking into any information on leveling kits for the front. Any experiences with brands or technical information would be greatly appreciated. Right now the front sits about 2" lower than the rear. Thanks for reading -12bproper

2003 e350 ext. 7.3 psd, keeping it prerunner-added python remote start, buchwackers fenders, pro comp rims 17X9 steel, nitto grapplers AT 34s, camburg suspension 6", deaver rear springs, alluminess nerf, ladder, rear bumper, galley box, spare rack. Working on: arb on board air, rear locker, and 410 gearing.
12bproper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #2

Re: leveling kit schooling needed.......

That is "stock" as with ~3/4 ton in the back it will be nice and level (and ride better). Leveling kits will make it level flat empty, when you throw a trailer on or weight the back will make it look high in the front.

Unfortunately that's all I know!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #3

Re: leveling kit schooling needed.......

The air lift suspension (aftermarket) added some height to the rear. I was hoping to find some spring spacers to bring up the front, for the time being. I do plan on converting to 4x4 in the future.
I'll post a picture to show what going on. Even with the air bags at minimum pressure (20 psi), the rear sits 2+" higher than the front.
Attached Thumbnails
bigassvan.jpg  
2003 e350 ext. 7.3 psd, keeping it prerunner-added python remote start, buchwackers fenders, pro comp rims 17X9 steel, nitto grapplers AT 34s, camburg suspension 6", deaver rear springs, alluminess nerf, ladder, rear bumper, galley box, spare rack. Working on: arb on board air, rear locker, and 410 gearing.
12bproper is offline   Reply With Quote