Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #21

Re: My new kitevan project. 2000 e250 handicap high top

We're still figuring out the gear in the van and layout. I've got a custom flush mount swing out board rack idea for it that I'll post up here in new thread. It involves adjustable flag mounts. Might do it this weekend. I've got a ton of plastidipping to do this weekend though so we'll see if I have time to move forward on it.

We're also running our first Groupon in two weeks so am swamped getting kite company ready for the onslaught of people buying discount lessons.

Yeah we love the Cabrinha kites. They are tanks. Ozone is our premier brand, Cabrinha mid level and Best our budget brand. Seems to work for us. I really like the Nobile line as well.

I haven't seen a bunch of guys wake skating with kites out here yet. We've tried skim boards with limited success. Plus they sink so it makes it tough. I've got some ideas for a new type of board that crosses over between them. I'd love to have some sort of super lightweight strap you could use with a wake skate or skim board. I think boards are currently way to heavy and large. I suspect the future of the sport is going to be having a quiver of small lightweight boards. Gonna see if I can make it happen.

smshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #22

Meh, I guess to each's own. I'm into wakestyle. I ride boots. My buddy started up his own brand not too long ago. http://www.tonaboards.com/ Things are pretty solid. Jake has tried with intention to screw one of these up on a rail or something and they are solid! I've been riding cabrinha's custom, Dre's signature series twin tip (for obvious reasons, dre gave me it for free lol). But I like it. I feel like I have more control with boots. I've only ridden straps twice when learning and ditched em asap. Good luck with everything!
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #23

Thanks Gator. Yeah, everyone rides straps at our beach and I feel like it's holding me back. I just bought out the last of Best's profanity (wake style board) closeouts about a week ago, twenty-two boards I think. Gonna move em cheap and see if I can kick off a wakestyle revolution here.

The only thing I don't like is that you have to put them on in or by the water. Our lake is way down (12'), so the waterline is mud for about ten feet from the water, which makes boots messy. We'll figure it out.
smshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #24

aw that sucks.. I'm lucky enough to have the beach come right up to nice sand so I just beach start.

http://stanceplanet.com/en/headlines/in ... 16220.html

This is the beach I've kited at for 98% of my time. You see how easy dre starts. It's the most user friendly place I've ever been.
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #25

Who made those tops?

@Gnarvan and @smshield, I'm late to the thread but have a question about your high tops. I recently bought a '94 Dodge with what looks like a top from the same manufacturer but I can find no info on who that manufacturer might be. Mine has the tall rear doors and normal side doors and the lift has already been removed but the height and shape of the top indicate it's from the same maker who did your tops. It's not Fiberine; I've contacted them about it. If you can find any info (print manuals, dash plates, stickers, etc.) with a name to pursue, either of the upfitter or the top itself, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Debbie1.JPG  
campism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:29 AM   #26

Gnarvan hasn't been on the forum in over 3 years. It's unfortunate, he is a great guy. Just moved on I guess. Gatorbait hasn't been on in about 1.5 years. Maybe you'll wake them up!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #27

Always a hazard with zombie threads but I'm following every lead I can find. Not a huge deal, but you know how it is when you get a bug about something.
campism is offline   Reply With Quote